Why New Development in Boston Sucks

Article in Banker & Tradesman today about a rumor that 33 Arch St is for sale. I assuming the building is finally at least 85% occupied. This was one of the ugliest buildings built in the last decade. Another glass BOX

Bladeblitz, I'm not sure how the Author came up with his numbers. Maybe their is alot more venture capital money offered to MIT & Harvard then the companies move out to California but the money came out of Boston. Who knows. The media pretty much makes up half the shit they right these days without any real facts.

I think 33 Arch looks pretty nice, and it has a curved face on it. It's just as much a box as John Hancock is, if not less so, and probably has more non-glass surface than the Hancock. Is the Hancock ugly?

I think 33 Arch looks pretty nice, and it has a curved face on it. It's just as much a box as John Hancock is, if not less so, and probably has more non-glass surface than the Hancock. Is the Hancock ugly?

The Hancock is UGLY and so is the PRU but the difference is they are the only 2 buildings that represent Boston in the backbay which mean POWER. So they stand out as symbols of BOSTON GREATNESS. Most people look at those buildings as landmarks & symbols. If you go to other parts of the world Hancock & Pru would be considered dinosaurs, I personally like the way PRU looks OLD, and STRONG. But Hancock is just BLAH, one big glass tower. But it still stands alone.

I should have rephrased my words on 33 arch st being a box. I am personally do not like the architecture of the building. It looks like cheap construction.

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinon, I actually liked the Hancock until I went inside a couple of years ago.

I think I got a bad feel visiting a friend who worked their. First off you walk right into security so it felt like airport security check in. Then it seemed the ground floor was very dark & dreary inside the building. Not sure how the ground floor looks today but their was nothing appealing that made me like the building or ever want to go back. I think that is how I got a bad taste for Hancock.

Pru on the other hand is connected to the Mall which makes it more exciting inside. A great people watching arena.

God Help us. This guy will never give up his power till he is dead.

Menino Considering A Run in 2013?

AP Photo.As surprising as it sounds, gossipy media speculation about yet another Mayor Tom Menino election campaign has begun. Yes, about 18 months after he won an historic fifth term as Mayor of Boston, Menino is already ready to run again in 2013.

David S. Bernstein of the Phoenix expects him to run, and to win - of course - in 2013 after talking himself into it. Menino, himself, has reportedly already decided to throw his hat in the ring. Bernstein reports the mayor told an East Boston community breakfast in April that he was all-in for 2013.

Bernstein said some people have suggested Menino's agenda might be different if he was making this term his last. He's not pursuing any huge projects that will transform Boston, according to this theory.

Instead of such legacy projects, Menino has been churning away at the relatively small-bore projects that his supporters say continually improve city life, and skeptics say are aimed to win votes.
Others are tracking who he appoints to various jobs as a clue into his plans.

The Globe quizzed Mayor Menino about his electoral plans. He loves his job. "There is no better job in America than being mayor of Boston, " Menino said. The Globe descibed his comments on his plans as "coy." Here's what he said:

"Who knows? We've got a lot of possibilities out there. I might get an ambassadorship. In the next administration, I may be appointed secretary of something. You never know."
Right. We don't know. We have an idea, though. The phrase "Ambassador Menino" just sounds odd.

http://bostonist.com/2011/05/06/menino_considering_a_run_in_2013.php

I literally just threw my hands up in the air in frustration. This guy has got to go, enough with him... He can be Secretary of My Butt.

I literally just threw my hands up in the air in frustration. This guy has got to go, enough with him... He can be Secretary of My Butt.

Whoever is running against him should make a poster for TERM LIMITS for all political shitheads.

No matter if Menino was doing great as Mayor for all 5 Terms. You need different perspectives in life. Especially for GOVT Leaders.

He is defintely milking the situation as long as he can now.

I'd vote for literally anyone, as long as it isn't Menino.

Back