Assembly Innovation Park | 5 Middlesex Ave | Somerville

747C4B65-7794-4195-9110-C3CDB79D8741.jpeg
99BC5216-3615-4C3C-80AA-BDC1123BF588.jpeg
5E4E1178-4B96-4C8B-9C01-F8495CD21443.jpeg
1FC38BDE-5DB7-4F35-8951-A3F9E55CD61D.jpeg
8D0A3E9D-3ACF-43C9-BBF2-21A03FE08B1D.jpeg
87931EEE-F7F3-4970-B0E6-637FB87E45EA.jpeg

BioMed Realty is officially publicly on board here.
The deal, announced Monday, was first disclosed last summer, when BioMed sought approvals from Somerville to change plans for the site — then known as XMBLY — from a mixed-use project that included apartments into something suited for life science companies. It closed on the property just before Christmas and BioMed is now preparing a proposal for the first phase of the project. The company aims to start construction later this year.

“Our vision for the Assembly Square location is to create a premier innovation campus where science and technology intersects,” said BioMed vice president Sal Zinno. “It’s an ideal location and size for a large life science company to establish a prominent headquarters.”

BioMed Realty is officially publicly on board here.

Looks pretty good imo

V2S6KHWGXGLANDDWPYUNJAFZVE.aspx

From the article: “BioMed Realty says it plans to build a 1.3 million-square-foot lab and office campus where a mid-sized office building and parking lots now stand.”

5 middlesex ave.
1-xmbly-existing-aerial-conditions*1024xx1736-977-0-15.png

So the top render is a better representation of this previous render, which if you zoom in you can see its the same building. I hadnt noticed the detailing and faceting before, but when zooming in, there it is.
SFHUERM5BZAO5AGQMHD56YBCMQ.png

Last edited:
What legal morass must be tying up the old Circuit City? This has been through multiple revisions and that one is crickets.

So is that an 8 story wood building?
concrete core and concrete floors with wood framing and walls?

Javier -- very interesting project
It sort of reminiscent of a bunch of trailers parked within a concrete parking garage
Might as well take it the next step -- build the concrete structure
Then as each floor is finished install manufactured modules while the supports for the next floor are being poured

Is this apartment complex now called ALTA REVOLUTION?

Others may know better than me, but I recall that Revolution Drive was previously Ikea Drive or something similar. Changed to Revolution when the Ikea planned for the area fell through. I guess they decided to stop renaming the road after the NE Revolution also declined to build there. Thank goodness they didn't change it to Partners Drive! Also no longer a thing.

Back