Yotel Hotel | SPSQ parcel J | 65 Seaport Blvd | South Boston Waterfront

Looks like over and around.

CURRENT SITE CONDITIONS
The site is located at 65 Seaport Boulevard in South Boston, Massachusetts and currently consists of an asphalt-paved parking lot, approximately 12,000 square feet in size. Figure 1 depicts project locus. As shown on Figure 2, the site is bordered by Seaport Boulevard to the north, Farnsworth Street to the west, Thomson Place to the east, and by the buildings at 42-56 Thompson Place and 44-46 Farnsworth Street to the south. The MBTA Courthouse Station headhouse is located directly at the southern corner of the site and an MBTA easement to the headhouse entry occupies the southeast end of the subject
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. 465 Medford St. Suite 2200
Boston, MA 02129 617.886.7400
www.haleyaldrich.com
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 5 February 2015
Page 2
site. The headhouse consists of a one story glass and metal kiosk which serves as an entryway to the MBTA Silver Line Courthouse Station which is present on the north side of the site below Seaport Boulevard. An air duct and vent shaft is located below grade within the easement. Site grades are relatively flat ranging from about El. 15.7 to 16.4 across the site.
PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION
The proposed building will be an 11‐story hotel with ground level at El. 19.7 ft. A one level below grade basement is planned west of the MBTA Courthouse Station entry/headhouse with top of basement slab at El. 7.7 ft. The building is planned to span over the MBTA headhouse above the third floor level. Finished site grades will vary from approximately El. 19 on the north side of the building to approximately El. 16 on the south side of the building

Are they integrating the T headhouse or building around it?

You can actually see it sticking out in the render:
SOj6lxp.png

Are those purple cladding elements lit or are they static (or both)? If they're lit, this might turn out to be my favorite in the Seaport so far (One Seaport Square is pending but promising).

EDIT: Also, does the Yotel going over the top mean that the T pulls the hideous ads off the headhouse? I sure hope so...

Now they just need to designate a prostitute pickup area nearby

Why? That is what the internet and Uber are for.

cca

I heard this will be starting up this month!

I love my wife; but if we were staying here I still don't want to see each other taking dumps through glass, which also doesn't provide much of a sound or smell barrier. There's a reason toilets are usually in a seperate, enclosed space. a piece of sliding glass and a curtain doesn't cut it, IMHO.

I love my wife; but if we were staying here I still don't want to see each other taking dumps through glass, which also doesn't provide much of a sound or smell barrier. There's a reason toilets are usually in a seperate, enclosed space. a piece of sliding glass and a curtain doesn't cut it, IMHO.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm the single guy who looks for the moderately-priced, centrally-located hotels when he travels and would gladly take a tiny Yotel/pod room like this if it means I could save 20% or more than other hotels on the block.

The point is there is definitely a market for this. It's not for everyone, but neither is every Starwood, Hilton, or Midtown Hotel.

I'm really just commenting on the design. The costs would probably be similar to box in the toilet with drywall vs glass and associated hardware.

Back