Bay Village Infill and Small Developments

IMG_2466 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2467 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2469 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
The former Dedo, née Luxor. I spent the afternoon of 9/11/2001 there, drinking and drinking, but never getting drunk. I probably could have safely operated a backhoe upon leaving there. It's amazing what adrenaline and shock (or whatever blocked the alcohol's effects that day) can do to your body chemistry .

The former Dedo, née Luxor. I spent the afternoon of 9/11/2001 there, drinking and drinking, but never getting drunk. I probably could have safely operated a backhoe upon leaving there. It's amazing what adrenaline and shock (or whatever blocked the alcohol's effects that day) can do to your body chemistry .

We were stuck in San Francisco for over a week and couldn't get back to Boston after 9-11. We spent most of our time in gay bars in the Castro. :) Anyway, I really miss Dedo and Luxor. Too few LGBTQ bars left in Boston. They are all moving to Dorchester. We are trying to increase the LGBTQ community in Scituate! www.scituatepride.com

I think you mean "fire Cardinal O'Malley". I'm not sure how the BPDA can force a group of monks to keep a church open. It closed all the way back in 2016 and wasn't acquired until a year later (so it's not like the developer forced them out).

Forgive the tardy response. I plead Covid-brain. Of course, Equilibra, you are correct. I have a knee-jerk reaction to losing things like this. No excuse.

IMG_5866 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5867 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5870 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5875 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5853 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5854 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5856 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5859 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

I googled 1-17 edgerly place, not bad at all.
wxarvf85cxgm2vzc6fvr.jpg

And heres 10 edgerly place.
photo.aspx

Does Boston regulate new curb cuts where none existed before? New curb cuts often take away parking spaces. And the owner of a new curb cut has, is essence, taken possession of part of a public way.

If we're hopping up on soapboxes, homeless encampments occupy/obstruct public ways, and I never saw a curb cut leave a pile of excrement on the pavement.

Does Boston regulate new curb cuts where none existed before? New curb cuts often take away parking spaces. And the owner of a new curb cut has, is essence, taken possession of part of a public way.
Yes. Among other requirements, the City won't approve a new curb cut in residential areas unless it provides >1 off-street space to replace any spots taken.

I don't think that this street has legal parking in this location (Google StreetView shows a bunch of cars illegally parked on the sidewalk) so no spots are being subtracted by these new cuts.

This view of the empty slot being built on shows it has a curb cut. Looks like it was a driveway that accommodated 4 to 6 cars.

Parking won’t be an issue for buyers, at least when they first move in. The property is being sold with a valet service that will pick up and deliver the owner’s vehicle to the front door. The service will be prepaid for a period of time, Rodriguez said, after which residents can decide whether they’d like to pay to renew it.

The Edgerly Place developer should takes notes.

Back