Berklee Expansion Plans | Back Bay

I'm home for the holidays, otherwise I'd take a look myself, but has cladding started yet?

Also, stunning pictures, kz.

8290774625_eba9210eb5_b.jpg

I love this shot. This is one area of the city that when I think of Boston, this pops into my head.

Last edited:
I always imagine Mass Ave. with headhouses running down the length. It would definitely give it a more urban look. It would be nice if they replace #1 with a Heavy Rail line starting from Harvard to Dudley Station considering how Mass Ave. is often clogged with traffic.

^ Thanks, guys. I love all your kind words!

I love this shot. This is one area of the city that when I think of Boston, this pops into my head.

Agree with you 100%. I had a view of those muscular Victorian buildings for almost three years and I never, ever tired of admiring them. That stretch is a perfect representation of what Boston has to offer.

Yea that last shot is a Boston supremisizer. It will look even more canyon like once those pike parcels get developed.

Every time I take the 1, as I did last weekend, I'm amazed someone hasn't flipped out entirely while riding it through traffic. It's wonderful that it exists and that it is so popular, but passengers are getting totally hosed. There should be twice as many buses run every day and ... in some alternative universe - a separate bus lane or, even better, a monorail.

@John there is plenty of capacity on the 1, but like women going to the bathroom they ride in herds or flocks. BTD also recently changed signals between Westland and the bridge which has completely fucked up traffic patterns. Don't know what they were thinking.

FYI I was wrong. Today one panel of the exterior went up. It seems to be purple.

@John there is plenty of capacity on the 1, but like women going to the bathroom they ride in herds or flocks.

I've never seen the 1 remotely below crush capacity.

It desperately needs to be serviced exclusively by 60' buses. (and not just before 8pm, like the #39)

I dont get why they dont give the CT1 more service, extended hours, and extended to serve Harvard and Porter.

And yes, there should be bus lanes.

I dont get why they dont give the CT1 more service, extended hours, and extended to serve Harvard and Porter.

And yes, there should be bus lanes.

Agree with service and hours. But the extension should be to Andrew Sq on the south end, and on the north, extend to Union Square via Prospect St, and Sullivan Square via Washington.

Boom, "urban ring".

EDIT: Or, hell, do that AND your idea, and make that CT1 and CT2.

Agree with service and hours. But the extension should be to Andrew Sq on the south end, and on the north, extend to Union Square via Prospect St, and Sullivan Square via Washington.

Boom, "urban ring".

EDIT: Or, hell, do that AND your idea, and make that CT1 and CT2.

Yes, CT2 needs improvements too.

In fact, they both had planned improvements.

They are phase 1 of the urban ring, thats what the urban ring documents from the 80s or 90s say, start with the CT routes in their current form. Phase 2 was to make the CT services better. Phase 12 (or whatever) was the actual rail urban ring.

They never even managed to get to phase 2.

These are some great shots, nice little building to extend the skyline. It's kind of funny how from this angle many of the new buildings LM, Clarendon and even
r2d2 are hidden so well. I think thats Avalon Exeter crane right in the middle of the last shot. The new glass should provide a really nice perspective relative to the old giants.

I know what insulation is.

I'm talking about the metal on the first piece of curtain wall. I stood in Dunk's watching it reflect different colors as the sun set, the primary being purple.

Finally got to take a good look at the windows today. They were putting another one up as I walked by:

img_0687.jpg

img_0689.jpg

img_0693.jpg

Skyline impact (from Renaissance Garage at NU)
img_0679.jpg

^ I love unconventional views of the skyline like this. For a minute I thought I was looking at a completely different city.

Back