Crane Pix Past and Present

Is that gate made of steel pipes/rods? Looks like one of those super-strong rail crossing gates that are supposed to stop a car instantly rather than go into a train.

today the working harbor
310-1.jpg

^^ That's the superstructure of a tanker entering the Chelsea Creek from the Harbor.

nice to see a crane on the skyline even if it's probaly just lifting something to the roof of the old Ford building
207-1.jpg
208-2.jpg

Forgot my camera today! :( I saw a crane on a barge by the Esplanade! I wonder what they're doing or how it even go there. They must have loaded the crane onto it from somewhere nearby, how would it get under the Green Line or the Longfellow? Unless they lowered the thingy (boom?) as it passed under?

This is from the edge of Davis Square today. I think it's some bank building. Anybody know what the final product of this is supposed to be? A skyscraper perhaps (jk probably not!) :D

IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg

IMG_8686.jpg

It's not a bank. It's a mixed-use building -- some residential condos or apartments, some office, some retail.

The site formerly contained an old gas station (most recently used as an Enterprise rent-a-car) and a three-story house.

found some more old one's,hopefully I have'nt posted them before?
22222233345.jpg
22222233344444.jpg
2222223333-1.jpg
pix from my 1st apt 1985
2222223333.jpg
22222233343.jpg

there's a new crane going up at the Navy yard,anyone remember the name of that project? I can't seem to find it.

Taken the other day from a small sector of the Boston-Washington megalopolis

CopyofIMG_9880.jpg

CopyofIMG_9798.jpg

Back