Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime there is overhead footage of downtown Boston, I am always surprised at how dark and dimly lit it is compared to when they show overhead footage of other cities.

That was definitely all stock footage last night.

The first clue was that the sky was clear not in the midst of a tropical downpour

Aerial TV cameras have made great progress in the past decade -- but not even the NRO aka the folks running the spy satellites can circumvent the weather

PS: for you nostalgic views fans

boston-night-aerial-with-time-exposure-car-lights-on-central-artery,ng482691.jpg

At one point they were showing Cambridge around Northpoint and the Science Museum and the announcer referred to it as downtown Boston. I too kept looking for MT and wondering if it was just out of the shot on the right side. But then I kept wondering why the heck they would leave the biggest, brightest building downtown out of the aerial! On a similar note there are sites trying to sell giant pictures for hundreds of dollars and all the city pics are from the 90's, Boston included. Pops up on Groupon every once in a while.

I also noticed the shot of Cambridge (you could even read the sign on the Royal Sonesta), and I'm from Portland! I wonder if they'll ever update the footage they use on Arrow, which often uses Boston shots as representative of Starling City (renamed as Star City in the upcoming season).

whighlander, that's pretty much how I remember the city from when I was in high school and college.

That set of photos really just drives home just how massive One Beacon is to me.

Anyone know if this thing is going to have architectural lighting around the top?

Has anyone gotten a night shot of it while coming up the Expressway recently? It really stood out to me last night, but I was driving and no one else in the car cared.

Pixel -- those are some of the best MT and general skylines in the recent past seen hereabouts

I think we need the equivalent of the "Hancock pix of the day" thread for the MT -- no politics, not even any architectural ruminations -- just stunning photos

DZH22 - Been enjoying what has become the Monday AM photo dumps. :)

So close to topping off... the routine is likely coming to an end soon.

There is still the mechanical penthouse left but that looks to be about all that is left. I can't believe how close this is to being done either.

I believe that the majority, if not all, of the penthouse and mechanics is under the yellow. I'd say this thing is unofficially topped out, no?

I believe that the majority, if not all, of the penthouse and mechanics is under the yellow. I'd say this thing is unofficially topped out, no?

I was thinking the same thing. If you look at renderings, the mechanical screen appears to be about the same height as the current yellow. I think this is about what we're looking at for a final height.

Mechanicals are supposed to come about 685', and the current height of the bottom of the crane cab is around 695" currently- I expect the structure to top out a bit below the cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back