Portland International Jetport | PWM

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.08.31 AM 2.png

Is seasonal Southwest service to Nashville still an option? Whoever updates the airport information on Wikipedia is normally reliable and surprisingly accurate.

Is seasonal Southwest service to Nashville still an option? Whoever updates the airport information on Wikipedia is normally reliable and surprisingly accurate.
It will be Saturday-only for the summer I believe. WN is opening at crew base at BNA this year so hopefully in the future there will be more frequency.

Last edited:
The jetport expects a 17% bump in available seats for summer '24

Plus a statement from a Breeze company spokesperson:

Breeze is tapping Portland for outbound passengers year round as well, company spokesman Gareth Edmondson-Jones said.

"Portland is one of those rare places that is a really strong draw in the summer and a really strong origin in the winter,” Edmondson-Jones said.
Breeze now offers 10 destinations from Portland, after starting last spring with flights to Tampa, Florida; Charleston, South Carolina; Norfolk, Virginia,; and Pittsburgh, he said, and more likely will be added soon.

IMG_5438.jpeg
IMG_5439.jpeg

A few shots of SNA (John Wayne International) where I survived the landing on its notorious 5700' runway in a fully loaded 757. It was reminiscent of some of my tail hook landings on Navy aircraft carriers! Easy terminal to navigate and a pleasant change of pace from hectic LAX which my return flight originated from.

Breeze has had quite strong load factors on their sunshine routes for the first two months of the year, with an average 77.5% load factor for all routes in January and 84.7% in February (Combined origin / destination load factors)

This is quite a bit better than Frontier, which had LF's between 50-65% for PWM-MCO (Although F9 carried more passengers overall and brought quite a few more seats to the market)

Admittedly I'm not clever enough to use the Bureau of Transportation Statistic's data portal to get a breakdown by route, but if anyone knows how to take a stab at manipulating the data, it can be found here.

Here's a look at January and February Load Factors for Breeze's winter routes out of PWM. These numbers are origin passengers only. I'll try to aggregate Origin / destination loads separately.

Overall very strong numbers for Breeze!

1715877790833.png

F9 has 4 different destination flights today
ORD Started Service Late night Owl 10:12pm departure, will they keep food service open past 6pm?, MCO, RDU Resumed service, PHL Resumed Service
CVG starts 5/21

Would anyone happen to know why there were so many NetJets arrivals from Columbus, Ohio today? All Cessna Citation jets arriving within a 3 hour window.

1716323570723.png

JP Morgan Chase has 20,000 employees in Columbus. I'll bet there's a connect here, for the upper level of execs. We do know that in June the rich arrive to drop their kids off for summer camp. One summer in June, I counted 36 private jets on the tarmacs. And MAC Air Group sees some celebs because the entry/exit is Westbrook Street, thus surreptitiously executed.

Last edited:
Numbers for April came out.
It was so so that it did not beat 2018 or 2019 April's numbers.
Jan 102,798
Feb 129,713
Mar 145,320
April 144,176 vs 158,725 in 2019 14,549 diff
To date we are at 522,007 vs 2019 at 566,929 and 2018 at 501,505.00

I think PWM will make up that gap quickly in the next few months thanks to Breeze and Frontier's increased service.

Breeze had 6 flights today.
MCO
PIT
RDU
ORF
CHS
ISP
JAX starts 5/27 breeze thru PIT

I flew via JAX once; it's closer to the Orlando attractions than Logan is to Portland, and at the time it was cheaper since it doesn't get the MCO tourist traffic. Unfortunately it was in the middle of the Delta pilots' strike and things went haywire coming home, but that wasn't the airport's fault.

Jacksonville International is an excellent airport and very underrated. Manageable size, modern, 9 airlines, easy in and out and perfectly centered between Brunswick and the Golden Isles to the north and St Augustine to the south.

Has anyone else noticed that Breeze and Frontier rarely fly into or out of Portland on the same day? Maybe its planned that way and due to gate and counter space limitations or as to not compete against each other in the Orlando and Raleigh markets.

Has anyone else noticed that Breeze and Frontier rarely fly into or out of Portland on the same day? Maybe its planned that way and due to gate and counter space limitations or as to not compete against each other in the Orlando and Raleigh markets.
They both use gate 5 usually so the Jetport plans that in advance with the airlines. Sun Country also uses that gate which started today so I’m sure gate 5 is the most used gate throughout the day.

Back