Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

Sure hope that the Clever folks at GE and Gensler have figured out how to make the GE HQ visible from Logan through some view coridor

Why? I can see neither MIT nor Harvard University from Logan, but that never stopped visitors from knowing they're close by.

Why? I can see neither MIT nor Harvard University from Logan, but that never stopped visitors from knowing they're close by.

Dshoost -- that was a facetious post -- reference to Jeff Immelt saying he hoped the Logo could be seem from Mars -- and the image which looked across the Park in the Seaport Square development toward the direction of the new GE HQ

By the way -- I've just posted a comment on the GE HQ thread about whether you could indeed see the Logo from Mars

I dont care what anyone says I love the seaport. I like where its come and knowing where its going this is going to be an incredible addition to boston.

I dont care what anyone says I love the seaport. I like where its come and knowing where its going this is going to be an incredible addition to boston.

Are you commenting as someone who goes there regularly (e.g. more than twice a week) or just as the occasional visitor and mostly views pictures online person.

Are you commenting as someone who goes there regularly (e.g. more than twice a week) or just as the occasional visitor and mostly views pictures online person.

Right now it feels like a construction zone and a construction zone will never be appealing. I'll wait until this is finished to form an opinion on the neighborhood.

I live in north dorchester, I go there all the time. I make it a point a few times a week to sit on the benches in front of the court house on the water and relax. Its an unfinished product but its going in the right direction. As a vet when im on my bicycle i make it a point to stop at the vet memorial as well.

I live in north dorchester, I go there all the time. I make it a point a few times a week to sit on the benches in front of the court house on the water and relax. Its an unfinished product but its going in the right direction. As a vet when im on my bicycle i make it a point to stop at the vet memorial as well.

Stick -- The monument is a tremendous addition to the Seaport -- kinda sorry it wasn't about 2 times in scale

By the way -- Thank you for your service -- we might disagree on buildings or city planning -- but here's a virtual High Five :D

I've been wondering if The Seaport district is zoned to build tall buildings (over 400 feet) or if it's doomed to low rises because of Logan Airport.

Fan-Pier-2b.jpg

Steve Dunwell

Amazing before and after

I remember it looking like the 1st photo ,always imagining what it wd look like after decades of false starts, it's amazing to drive thru there today.

Amazing before and after

That "After" picture is a few years obsolete already, that "after" picture taken today would probably include another 7 buildings under construction along with the the newly completed buildings shown under construction in the pic. Just an amazing change in such a short time.

Fan-Pier-2b.jpg

Steve Dunwell

Stick -- only one word needed --:D:D W:DW :D:D

and has already been pointed out -- there's been quite a bit added since 2014

Yet -- the Best is yet to come -- the above photos don't include the many acres that are still parking lots for cars or trucks -- there is another couple of decades of building to go
boston_straight.jpg

In 25 years the saga of the Seaport / Innovation / GE-Keiretsu District will be a truly great story on par with the filling of the Back Bay -- to be added as another chapter to Boston's iconic and world changing history book

We need an update of that before/after!

That "After" picture is a few years obsolete already, that "after" picture taken today would probably include another 7 buildings under construction along with the the newly completed buildings shown under construction in the pic. Just an amazing change in such a short time.

I know. The before pic is the important part because we can see in person with our own eyes what it looks like now. Hopefully they can take the same shot again to show how much farther its come since 2014. If not though we know how far its come and its pretty incredible.

It was almost 30 years of development... it's impressive, but not that impressive considering the location.

Back