South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

20240427_110950.jpg
20240427_111000.jpg

I always thought that the Fed and One Financial needed a sibling. Now they have a new big brother.

1899 meets 1999.

I like the height (wish it could be taller), but yes - - unfortunately this can be termed "Houston developer builds Houston building". I would've loved an art deco tower there with a spire (and a spire at North Station to set markers for all to see of the two major train stations - great cities should be fun, interesting and have great symbols - - not cookie-cutter, anonymized generic).

I like the height (wish it could be taller), but yes - - unfortunately this can be termed "Houston developer builds Houston building". I would've loved an art deco tower there with a spire (and a spire at North Station to set markers for all to see of the two major train stations - great cities should be fun, interesting and have great symbols - - not cookie-cutter, anonymized generic).
Spires dont make sense as there's FAA height restrictions, you know this

Spires dont make sense as there's FAA height restrictions, you know this

Yup, I do know this. It could always be a tapering of the top 5-6 stories - a la 111 Huntington Avenue - and it doesn't have to be very long - - just as a detail (that's what SHE said ;))

Hell, they are already doing a tapering at the top of this tower - - just as an unimaginative boxy method.

Last edited:
Jeeebus, look at that crane towering up there like a spire - - - Bring it down before a plane hits it!!!!!! Surely, Logan is closed down during the construction......

So you'd rather see that instead of the 8-9 extra floors?

Back