Stop and Shop Mixed Use | 1690 Revere Beach Parkway | Everett

Flew over the area again Friday evening. It’s so nice to see the neighborhood knit together.

img_7137-jpeg.51236

View attachment 51236
8/22/24
IMG_0701.jpeg

2nd Street looks pretty shameful with only 3 months left for Everett to finish redevelopment construction of that corridor. The render is from August 22, 2024. Today is September 9, 2024, and the MBTA is really seeming to plow "full steam ahead" of December 15th, 2024 for BNRD.

Seems like the disparity of 2nd St. vs. Everett Ave. is going to grow between now and December 15th 2024. Can Everett get something from an empty pit to full construction and completed grand opening in 13 weeks? 13 weeks from today's industrial wasteland, to a carbon copy of Everett Ave. seems too little time to actually transform 2nd St. from an empty pit into "Everett Ave. 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Perhaps Everett needs more than 13 weeks to fix 2nd St? The MBTA needs more than 13 weeks to fix bus staffing? This seems bad for both Everett's 2nd St. and the MBTA's BNRD. A true boondaggle of a waste.

13 weeks from now, Everett Ave. will have progressed decently with redevelopment of the old Stop & Shop. I'm not so sure 13 weeks from now 2nd Street will change in time. 13 weeks is wayyyy to quick of a turnaround for a neighborhood street.

I'm not aware of a dedicated "2nd St. Everett thread" and this thread seems to have the latest render of 2nd St. available.

The latest info I'm aware of said that until redevelopment of the parcels along 2nd are complete (which will let them widen the road in the same way that it was done in front of the new Greystar building at 2nd and the Parkway), there will only be a bus lane on the Everett-bound/northbound side until you get to the Chelsea line. A Chelsea committee is voting on the bi-directional lanes on its part of 2nd tonight, with a City Council vote presumably set to happen later this fall if the lanes pass tonight.

9/15/24 One building appears to be nearly completed and the other is in the early stages of construction. This is located in a rapidly evolving part of Everett adjacent to the Pioneer, Mason, and Maxwell developments, and a short distance from other pretty massive residential developments at 2nd & Vine and 35 Garvey Street.

IMG_6169.jpeg
IMG_6179.jpeg
IMG_6178.jpeg
IMG_6180.jpeg

Back