The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Residential tower is now clearly visible from Eastie- anyone have a count of the # floors left?

There's a webcam with a direct view of the tower showing a new residential floor being poured today

thanks!

Have you not been in the area lately? It's clearly been getting bigger.

yes, i've been in Park City, UT.

a magical place 7,000' above sea level at the base.

if you get a chance to visit Park City, don't miss it.

you won't be disappointed.

42710857924_53e9b26526_b.jpg

How tall is this one supposed to be exactly? Is this the taller of the 2 towers going up?

This is a massive, imposing project from the street level. Even without the height yet.

This is a massive, imposing project from the street level. Even without the height yet.

Seriously. The (very positive, IMO) impact of the podium on Causeway Street is hard to overstate.

Seriously. The (very positive, IMO) impact of the podium on Causeway Street is hard to overstate.

Yeah. Causeway endured its ~20 years in the sun (literally), and now its back into shadows for another 100 years....

No joke this thing is huge.

Last edited:
This thing towers over the street and goddamn is it an improvement. North Station is starting to feel like the dense neighborhood it should be

to that amazing photo. i naturally had the same impression but was struggling to find the words... i picture nimby's moaning their favorite, "canyons" for the next round of meetings.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is the 510 one gonna be u/c this year?

Waiting on confirming a tenant. Design changes were supposedly made for the prospective tenant months ago and we've heard nothing since. Once the tenant is officially signed on, they'll begin on the office tower. There's no official time frame as of right now.

Fucking Christ, they really have to go with fake terra-cotta colored panels? Again? In Boston? I really liked those industrial windows before, but I am so fucking sick of these fucking PANELS!

Fucking Christ, they really have to go with fake terra-cotta colored panels? Again? In Boston? I really liked those industrial windows before, but I am so fucking sick of these fucking PANELS!

I'm with you on this one. It strikes me as a lazy attempt to make new buildings fit in with all the surrounding brick buildings. The value of those older buildings are the materials theirselves, not the color of them. If you're going to use a cheaper, more modern material then just try to use it in a way that looks good in its own way, using its own colors rather than trying to make it blend. Boston is a living city, not a UNESCO world heritage site.

I'm with you on this one. It strikes me as a lazy attempt to make new buildings fit in with all the surrounding brick buildings. The value of those older buildings are the materials theirselves, not the color of them. If you're going to use a cheaper, more modern material then just try to use it in a way that looks good in its own way, using its own colors rather than trying to make it blend. Boston is a living city, not a UNESCO world heritage site.

You guys are so cute when you are upset. Why do you think these choices are made? How do you think these choices are made? In another post yesterday (the MIT nano thread I think) I explained that in a project like this the price of the building has everything to do with the price of the exterior skin (because it is an empty box full of air is essence) and if you save $1/sf of facade on a project of this scope you can take $1M out of the pro forma. Imagine the pressure on the developers project managers to get that $1/sf or $30/sf out of the facade costs. Think of the bonus you would get at the end of the year when the choice to go from a facade that looks like something at Hudson Yards (which is the gold standard of tower design) to something that is "good enough to get past BCDC". So ... you get sad, flat, cheap, but just good enough to be acceptable in projects like this.

cca

Back