A day without height discussions

Hubman

Reaction score
It would be funny to see if we could go a day or probably a week without mentioning the height of a building or using the word NIMBY...just to see what would happen. Would we all die? Would the forum's servers explode? Maybe both? Who knows...

Be the change you want to see in the world.

a 400' tower pays the freight for significant affordable units.

a 300' tower is just treading water in our city's dire affordable housing crisis.

We are currently attempting to permit what will likely be the last tall buildings built in the High Spine for a significant number of years... and 4 tall towers in the neighborhoods that will be trend setters for Boston economically and architecturally.

I haven't heard many conversations lately about 'we should put up more tall towers possibly here, or there,' or 'new tallest,' or 'supertall.'

The focus remains to be on permitting the sites being pushed forward by the Building Dept, kicking the shimby's asses, preventing the conversion of great proposals into ____s, and all these great infill and midrise projects. This isn't a height fetish.

i haven't even heard any death threats the past couple weeks.

Let's roll!

Last edited:
With your soaring ideals, you expect to tower over this forum from up on high? If only we could all a-spire to be up there on a podium, like you. Don't take this as a set-back, but, at the concrete core of it, you're the one who seems to need an altitude adjustment, buddy.

:)

With your soaring ideals, you expect to tower over this forum from up on high? If only we could all a-spire to be up there on a podium, like you. Don't take this as a set-back, but, at the concrete core of it, you're the one who seems to need an altitude adjustment, buddy.

:)

Look, I'm not ordering everyone, it's a goddam hypothetical question.

Hey guys, I found a forum where folks can talk about Boston's skyscrapers, height and tall buildings all day long!
Enjoy!

Didn't everyone migrate from that one to here in 2006?

Back