IMG_2512.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2515.JPG
    IMG_2515.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 271
Someone's probably said this, but seeing this new vista in the city really points out the strength of the original Bullfinch Crossing proposal of smaller buildings to the east and a strong through-block connector from Congress to Canal. I know we will never see that now, but a giant lab building cutting of connectivity is going to be disappointing on this site.

Someone's probably said this, but seeing this new vista in the city really points out the strength of the original Bullfinch Crossing proposal of smaller buildings to the east and a strong through-block connector from Congress to Canal. I know we will never see that now, but a giant lab building cutting of connectivity is going to be disappointing on this site.

If we’re lucky, the economics won’t line up for the lab building in our current climate and that portion of this project will be put on hold indefinitely.

Hopefully if that happens, they won’t leave the plot of land fenced off.

If we’re lucky, the economics won’t line up for the lab building in our current climate and that portion of this project will be put on hold indefinitely.

Hopefully if that happens, they won’t leave the plot of land fenced off.
Or even better they bring back the old design with the canal st ped arcade through the middle and make the building housing instead. I dont really want to go dig through all of the old pdf’s but wasnt all or some of the building in that previous design supposed to be housing?

Or even better they bring back the old design with the canal st ped arcade through the middle and make the building housing instead. I dont really want to go dig through all of the old pdf’s but wasnt all or some of the building in that previous design supposed to be housing?

But they pulled out of that because they decided building directly on top of Haymarket station was too hard or didn’t make sense financially.

As much as I too would like that version, I don’t see it happening without some kind of miracle.

But they pulled out of that because they decided building directly on top of Haymarket station was too hard or didn’t make sense financially.
How about the city pitching in the cost of securing the lid over these air rights locations to enable housing development? Seems fair: you have a site compromised by public facilities underneath, and to enable financial feasibility, the city offsets the additional mitigation costs.

As much as I too would like that version, I don’t see it happening without some kind of miracle.
Supposedly there is a 300’ tall residential building to be constructed right next to the existing taller one.

This project is really "burdened" by the garage removal. I can only imagine how expensive it has been.

I think they need to get that done to build the next residential tower. You can now see what part of the garage is remaining and will be screened by that tower. I think there's also a hotel or office building there. Don't totally remember.

But given how little high-rise residential we've seen recently I'm not optimistic.

Back