🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Mike

Reaction score
Haymarket Hotel ... I thought I remember reading somewhere that construction would start in October. Anything?

estyle

Reaction score
Speaking of which, does anyone by chance have a copy of

The South Bay Planning Study, Phase I Report

from 2004? This was a joint publication by the BRA (sic) and Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (sic).

I found 10 pages of it (out of 69 pages, I think?) on one guy's website but can't find the whole thing. https://www.daveseeley.com/p673210251
Looks like you can get it at the BPDA website: http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/b87de2ff-5b63-4110-a64c-07824418cad7

odurandina

Reaction score
re; Garden Garage
Whoa, these guys seem to have stepped on the gas pedal.
any updates??

Re: Parcel 9 - The Greenway
Aug 12,
....it may be starting....
That'll be the day.
Aug 16,
This article says construction begins in October. But it also does not show the construction tram in a positive/competent light.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2019/08/15/haymarket-fence-comes-down-but-too-late/rgZlxSYa8BLJyvQpEysGpJ/story.html
Any news?

chrisbrat

Reaction score
ok, odds are nobody will know what i'm talking about, but i spent a while digging through old posts and i can't find anything on this, so here goes: a few years ago, there was a proposal -- maybe just a "concept," rather than any serious thing -- for a relatively tall (700 feet?) tower on the court street side of governmet center.

anyone remember what i'm referring to and, if so, any updates?

iamdjmichael

Reaction score
ok, odds are nobody will know what i'm talking about, but i spent a while digging through old posts and i can't find anything on this, so here goes: a few years ago, there was a proposal -- maybe just a "concept," rather than any serious thing -- for a relatively tall (700 feet?) tower on the court street side of governmet center.

anyone remember what i'm referring to and, if so, any updates?
I don't think anything ever came of it (unfortunately) but it was this. https://archboston.com/community/threads/residential-tower-26-court-st-government-center.5671/

chrisbrat

Reaction score
that's it -- thanks! agreed: something like that (or exactly like that) would be very cool there.

odurandina

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to these 2 proposals in Chinatown?
1. 15 Harrison Avenue (hotel) 26 stories 325'
2. 73 Essex St/Chinatown (hotel) 17 stories 235'

weird how stuff just sorta disappears.

elemenoh

Reaction score
Has any of the ground floor of Quaker Lane in the financial district been completed?
I haven't heard anything on that project in a long time.

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to these 2 proposals in Chinatown?
1. 15 Harrison Avenue (hotel) 26 stories 325'
2. 73 Essex St/Chinatown (hotel) 17 stories 235'

weird how stuff just sorta disappears.
15 Harrison was just a trial balloon. There was never a formal proposal.
73 Essex, as configured, met huge community opposition (traffic pattern through the Chinatown business district, no housing.) Back to the drawing board.

George_Apley

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Did you get your garages confused? I thought you were perpetually raging against the HARBOR garage...

odurandina

Reaction score
Huh? Did you get your garages confused? I thought you were perpetually raging against the HARBOR garage...
True. But that one's gonna be in the courts a few years.

Re; Garden Garage: if we wait too long before snapping/posting a pic, we risk seeing the thing creeping up, and becoming visible in photos of other project threads in that general area of the City.

For this fluky & unnerving contingency, such as it would be–the implications are fantastic.

i would undertake this honorable mission myselfif it weren't that i'm in the Wasatch Mts waiting for the season's first decent powder for (snowboarding). Unfortunately, October was extremely cold, but bone dry. Now the western slope of the Rockies have warmed up, and it appears the good powder is going to be (late) for Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Park City, etc.

George_Apley

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh. This was a photo request. That's kind of presumptuous on other people, but okay.

odurandina

Reaction score
Yes, very presumptuous, considering what an embarrassment of riches our photographers provide.
It's why i made my "ahem" to be indulgent but, quite inordinately vague,
hoping our prolific, photographer saints might acquiesce (seemingly) of their own accord.

Oh. This was a photo request. That's kind of presumptuous on other people, but okay.

Last edited: