🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

I wonder what the holdup is for retail for 121 Seaport. Not a single tenant or even a "coming soon" vinyl yet.

182 Mass Ave (next to Berklee's newest building) may be slated for demolition according to the web site of the pizza spot that's here now: http://www.ilmondopizza.com/index.php

Anyone heard what might be replacing it?

TnwAUw9.jpg

Adios bodega.

Where am I going to buy my shoes?

Sucks these parcels remain unresolved in such prominent parts of Boston's core.

What's going on with

1 Bromfield Street?
South Station Tower?
2 Charlesgate W?
40 Trinity Place?
55 India Street?
104 Canal Street?
Valenti Square Boutique Hotel?

and

Tremont Crossing?
Rio Grande?
Andrews Square?
1 Charlestown??

Christ build 'em already.

I wonder what the holdup is for retail for 121 Seaport. Not a single tenant or even a "coming soon" vinyl yet.

I’m sure the rents that are being asked for can’t be cheap.. If they weren’t able to line up retail tenants during the build, and I don’t know if there had been any committed (it doesn’t appear to be any), then not going to be surprised if it takes a while.

Are there any plans to renovate and/or demolish buildings 107 and 108 (Store House and Power House, respectively) in the Charlestown Navy Yard? I realize that they're contaminated, but would be nice to address it and make use of the buildings or space.

fbe4e62f-86ab-43a8-a0e3-484d3cdab527

Charlestown_Navy_Yard_Mystic_Wharf_Map_1912.jpg

What is the deal with the Cambridge Sullivan courthouse ? I thought the lawsuit was over.

Are there any plans to renovate and/or demolish buildings 107 and 108 (Store House and Power House, respectively) in the Charlestown Navy Yard? I realize that they're contaminated, but would be nice to address it and make use of the buildings or space.

fbe4e62f-86ab-43a8-a0e3-484d3cdab527

Charlestown_Navy_Yard_Mystic_Wharf_Map_1912.jpg

107 is owned and used by the NPS.

There is new chainlink fencing around the State Services Center on the Cambridge St side (not the stuff that's been there forever) plus a Bobcat and what looks like a portable cement mixer. Anyone know if it's just routine maintenance or if there are plans for some sort of rehab/reno?

to echo some of odurandina's queries above and add a few more...

South Station Tower status? permitting ouroboros?

55 India Street? it seems now would be a prime time for ground breaking, with its new neighbor near complete

104 Canal Street? chronically stalled boutique hotel?

Assembly Square? trying to get a feel for any construction happening at this point...what parcels are under construction, which have yet to start? the site seemed to be on a roll up until recently

Boston Landing? any news on the remaining 3 parcels...sports complex, parcel C2 office, hotel?

Did anyone ever figure out what to do in the event the ArchBoston forum crashes/goes down again? Did someone get in touch with the owner? (Statler?)

^its Briv who is long since MIA. There is a board Justin set up not sure where the link is

182 Mass Ave (next to Berklee's newest building) may be slated for demolition according to the web site of the pizza spot that's here now: http://www.ilmondopizza.com/index.php

Anyone heard what might be replacing it?

TnwAUw9.jpg

Apologies for bumping an old post but....

This is a major major major loss for the area. As someone who used to live on St. Germain st, I have been there hundreds of times. Even after I moved a couple of blocks towards the Charles, you better believe this was my go to. The amazing thing about Il Mondo is that it was always open. Like I work long hours (I work in M&A) and regardless of when I got back, it was open. And their pizza was pretty fantastic for just under $4.

There is now a major lack of late night weekday food in the area. Amelia's on Huntington is open late on weekends but not on weekdays. Dumpling place is awful. Wendy's is Wendy's. Tasty Burger is a journey from where Il Mondo is. B Good, Pavement, Boston Burger, Boloco, random Shawarma place, and most others close before 11:30. Point is, there are very few options to get food after 12am, which I typically do on average, once a week.

Huge l for the area. I wish them all the best.

edit: I wonder if Bodega and the other stores in the building will close. I noticed they were all open yesterday

Back