116 Waterman Street | E. Side Providence

Can't get past the paywall, but are the "concerns" related to the existing structures that would need to be demolished?

Can't get past the paywall, but are the "concerns" related to the existing structures that would need to be demolished?

The concerns the article referenced were mostly related to height and around students occupying the building.

How many of the houses would be removed? It looks like 2, the one on the corner and the olive green one to the right of it. I like dense developments, but not at the expense of existing historical structures. I know they're "just houses" but they seem to be in decent shape, and these types of buildings are the main backbone of Providence's charm.

1674764343220.png

Preliminary plan approved by the Providence City Plan Commission

How many of the houses would be removed? It looks like 2, the one on the corner and the olive green one to the right of it. I like dense developments, but not at the expense of existing historical structures. I know they're "just houses" but they seem to be in decent shape, and these types of buildings are the main backbone of Providence's charm.

View attachment 33521
You almost had me with the photo. It is a beauty of a home but the intersection as a whole seems to allow for an up grade in zoning. The two residences across Watermann are 5 story and the commercial building across Brooks appears to be 3 story height dimension. Also note the google restaurant in the photo next to the white house. That's a Subway in the converted garage of the adjacent house. I think I prefer a tear down than the two houses in question being butchered into a commercial property like that. Also, thank the developer/designers did not take the easy route and consider a suburban gambrel roof design to appease the neighborhood as shown on the right! You know that's what the neighbors wants. If anything, maybe someone will save the white house and move it to another site.

1677083560041.png
o

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Back