125 Tremont St.

caravaggiste

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this project?

146302.jpg

I think it's just an old proposal that never got off the ground. Speaking of the tall, thin residential towers this could be quite the place for one in the future with completely unobstructed views of the Common.

Looking at the Building stamp info, it says the following:

125 Tremont Street was added on 2002-04-08 by Mike Poole.

Ahh our old friend added it 6 years ago

Hmmm. That's confusing. The location appears to be to the right of the entrance to the Orpheum Theater ... that's the new Suffolk law school to the left.

Currently, that's the site of a very nice looking Federalist building (if I have my styles right).

Not sure whether or not anyone would've allowed that building to come down?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1+par...F-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS251US252&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

In addition, it's too tall for that corner, right across the street from Park Street Church, one of the finest early 19th C steeples in the country. The design is also totally inappropriate for Tremont St......Boylston St. maybe, but not at such a prominent corner.

padre... you speak as if you've seen many a time in Boston.... a real Father you are?

Currently, that's the site of a very nice looking Federalist building (if I have my styles right).

Not sure whether or not anyone would've allowed that building to come down?

While it does seem to be Federalist in style, I believe it is not Federalist in era. I think there is a corner stone somewhere on it with a relatively recent date for when this structure was put up. I think it was sometime in the 80's? Before, there was a stone structure with a mansard roof seen here and here and a good shot from 1948 here.

Last edited:
Looking at the Building stamp info, it says the following:

125 Tremont Street was added on 2002-04-08 by Mike Poole.

Ahh our old friend added it 6 years ago

What happened to Mike Poole? He was one of the greats on SSG.

On a related note, has anyone seen or talked to Mike Hunt, lately?

Back