147 W Fourth Street | South Boston

Under review and render posted.
1686599291601.jpeg

https://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/147-w-fourth-street

Wow, this is going to stick out like a sore thumb but I am glad the area around the Broadway T at Broadway and A is building more dense, as it is transit oriented and there are taller mid-rises across Widett Circle at Ink Block, there are more mid-rises coming on Old Colony and Dot Ave (Washington Village), and this area is so close to downtown when you really measure it. I am glad that Washington Village/Ink Block/Cambria Hotel have acted as a nice catalyst for a taller architectural cityscape in this area.

Wow, this is going to stick out like a sore thumb but I am glad the area around the Broadway T at Broadway and A is building more dense, as it is transit oriented and there are taller mid-rises across Widett Circle at Ink Block, there are more mid-rises coming on Old Colony and Dot Ave (Washington Village), and this area is so close to downtown when you really measure it. I am glad that Washington Village/Ink Block/Cambria Hotel have acted as a nice catalyst for a taller architectural cityscape in this area.
Could you say more about this? How will it stick out? I'm inferring you're speaking to height, which to be fair, Macallen is only a block away (<400 feet ) and at 14 stories (I saw listed at 169', or 20 - 30' taller than these buildings) is pretty comparable height-wise.

Perhaps you're speaking to design?

Also, I hope this will finally inspire some sort of quality, taller development on the triangular parcel bounded by A ST, W 4th, and Dot Ave; there's about 10k sq ft to work with there.

Could you say more about this? How will it stick out? I'm inferring you're speaking to height, which to be fair, Macallen is only a block away (<400 feet ) and at 14 stories (I saw listed at 169', or 20 - 30' taller than these buildings) is pretty comparable height-wise.

Also, I hope this will finally inspire some sort of quality, taller development on the triangular parcel bounded by A ST, W 4th, and Dot Ave; there's about 10k sq ft to work with there.
The design and architecture for this block for sure. The buildings in this hot spot are surely changing quickly though

The triangular parcel there's building is abandoned iirc, and that's a great parcel to ideate a perfect building for the "what's left to build on thread".

The triangular parcel there's building is abandoned iirc, and that's a great parcel to ideate a perfect building for the "what's left to build on thread".
Amongst its existing neighboring buildings in its block it's sticking out in height, however from a distance it doesn't really modify the cityscape with MacAllen and Cambria right there. And by sticking out, I mean that in a positive light. I hope this is a great catalyst for the remaining tight parcels which are ripe for mid-rise development!

Thank you for always being in the forefront on finding these new renders. One thing I do notice is that when I click on your pictures to try to increase the size, it brings me to "postimages.org" and away from the picture. I am not sure if you are aware, but we do not need to host pictures in order to post them on this site. You can just copy/paste directly from the majority of picture files. Personally what I like to do for PDFs is make them as close to full screen as I can, and then use the "snipping tool" and copy/paste the image directly from that tool. The combination of either doing that or copy/pasting directly from pictures online is how I am able to get larger, more detailed renders up here.

The other key (for online, not for PDFs) is to right click and "open picture in new tab" and often-times it opens a much larger, higher-quality version than from the main source page. Then I copy/paste from that higher quality version. If it's protected and doesn't allow copy/paste I'll use the snipping tool on that higher quality version instead. Below is an example of blowing up the PDF and then using "snipping tool" and is the upper right of the 4 elevations in the picture above.

1712340561104.png

Thanks, yea whenever I find images online I usually just paste them here in the way you described, except in the cases where it doesnt work then I just paste the link address in the drop image box above, or when a site wont let you copy images I screenshot them to my phone, crop them, and then use the image upload button on this site.

As far as images from bostonplans though they are pdf files and 99% of the time I’m on my phone and as far as I know the only way to get the images is to screen shot them. From there I have to crop them, then either upload them one by one directly to this site, or host them somewhere else and paste them here. Since its already tedious enough cropping every individual photo on my phone (and I usually do it on my break so time is short) I dont feel like individually uploading each photo manually on this site, so instead I go to postimages, select every image at once from my photo album, then copy the link that adds every photo (sometimes like 10-15 image links) that I can paste here. If theres a better way to go about it I’m definitely open to it, but it seems dealing with pdf’s on your phone is pretty limited so I make do with what I have.

Thanks, yea whenever I find images online I usually just paste them here in the way you described, except in the cases where it doesnt work then I just paste the link address in the drop image box above, or when a site wont let you copy images I screenshot them to my phone, crop them, and then use the image upload button on this site.

As far as images from bostonplans though they are pdf files and 99% of the time I’m on my phone and as far as I know the only way to get the images is to screen shot them. From there I have to crop them, then either upload them one by one directly to this site, or host them somewhere else and paste them here. Since its already tedious enough cropping every individual photo on my phone (and I usually do it on my break so time is short) I dont feel like individually uploading each photo manually on this site, so instead I go to postimages, select every image at once from my photo album, then copy the link that adds every photo (sometimes like 10-15 image links) that I can paste here. If theres a better way to go about it I’m definitely open to it, but it seems dealing with pdf’s on your phone is pretty limited so I make do with what I have.

It makes sense that you have a different set of difficulties on your phone. I personally only view this site on my desktop or laptop, preferably desktop, since I like to see the pictures on a big monitor and have full functionality. It does seem like a lot of extra work to do this all over your phone!

Do you have some sort of alerts set up or do you just do blanket searches from time to time?

Yea nothing special I basically just check all the websites and social media I have bookmarked/follow a few times a day and just post what I find on here. Ive acquired an unhealthy addiction to saving shit tons of renders in my phone so its an ongoing hunt to find the next ones… gotta catch em all!

Back