1690-1700 Hyde Park Avenue | Hyde Park

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score

1690-1700 Hyde Park Avenue​

1709663851450.jpeg

“Project proposal is to create 115 multi-family rental units with approximately 99,000 gross square feet of floor area, including 1,500 gsf of ground floor supporting retail uses, 69 garage parking spaces, widened public sidewalk, new open space, and related amenities on a 30,860 square foot (0.71 acre) site in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Boston.”

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

https://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/1690-1700-hyde-park-avenue

1690-1700 Hyde Park Avenue​

View attachment 48251

“Project proposal is to create 115 multi-family rental units with approximately 99,000 gross square feet of floor area, including 1,500 gsf of ground floor supporting retail uses, 69 garage parking spaces, widened public sidewalk, new open space, and related amenities on a 30,860 square foot (0.71 acre) site in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Boston.”

View attachment 48252
View attachment 48253
View attachment 48254
View attachment 48255
View attachment 48256

https://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/1690-1700-hyde-park-avenue
Interesting area — mostly industrial and former industrial lots, not much housing. Whole area could be ripe for development depending on zoning

Yea hopefully the other proposed projects close by can get going and act as a catalyst to the area.

Interesting area — mostly industrial and former industrial lots, not much housing. Whole area could be ripe for development depending on zoning
Yes, I think the area has a lot of potential, especially in a world with 15 minute regional rail frequencies at Readville. A lot of the old industrial and mill stuff could become whole neighborhoods filled with loft apartments and amenities. I went to Round Head Brewing Company a couple weeks ago, and was just blown away by how cool that whole Westinghouse complex could become.

Yes, I think the area has a lot of potential, especially in a world with 15 minute regional rail frequencies at Readville. A lot of the old industrial and mill stuff could become whole neighborhoods filled with loft apartments and amenities. I went to Round Head Brewing Company a couple weeks ago, and was just blown away by how cool that whole Westinghouse complex could become.
Oh I hadn't heard of this, it looks super cool. Yeah, Westinghouse was/is yuuuge.

I was at the Sam Adams brewery for a small event they did with the Haffenreffer family and some folks from JPNDC and hearing the history of how that complex got developed into what it is today was really cool. Those factory sites offer incredible promise, but it takes a lot of work to get them there. A T station helps!

Oh I hadn't heard of this, it looks super cool. Yeah, Westinghouse was/is yuuuge.

I was at the Sam Adams brewery for a small event they did with the Haffenreffer family and some folks from JPNDC and hearing the history of how that complex got developed into what it is today was really cool. Those factory sites offer incredible promise, but it takes a lot of work to get them there. A T station helps!
Back when the Boston 2024 was still an active idea, I thought the emphasis on Widett Circle was a mistake, and that Hyde Park really should have been the place for the stadium and Olympic Village. With a few tweeks, Readville could easily have served 3.5 regional rail lines during the games, which would have basically solved all the transportation issues without the various idiotic DMU shuttle ideas. The stadium then could have been converted to a smaller venue for the Revs, rather than being torn down completely per the official idea. And the Olympic Village could have become TOD housing. Fortunately, we can still do most of this, just needs some leadership.

Back