The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

1646942225838.png

From Catherine on Twitter. Finally some steel going up!

3 floors down, only 15 more and a mechanical penthouse to go! The ironworkers on site told me they work Monday through Friday and an occasional Saturday if there was a total rainout during the week. One guy was afraid of heights but said he liked the money and the adventure and risk that the job entails.

3 floors down, only 15 more and a mechanical penthouse to go! The ironworkers on site told me they work Monday through Friday and an occasional Saturday if there was a total rainout during the week. One guy was afraid of heights but said he liked the money and the adventure and risk that the job entails.
Afraid of heights? There's a famous old photo of iron workers sitting on a girder with their legs dangling, having lunch, about a thousand feet up during the construction of either the Empire State or Chrysler buildings. The expressions on their faces is far from worry. More like hanging out with my bros having lunch. Lol.

Any guesses on what this blue and white round thing hanging in my garage is? There were around 20 made originally and this may be the only remaining survivor left, especially in this condition. Did not want to start an original thread for the photo so I decided to add it to one of the more popular ones to test your knowledge of Portland.

Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh at least post a new pic of 201 Federal to accompany the trivia!!!!!

Portlander, I missed your pic, but I'm guessing it's an authentic Guiding Gull sign that used to be Portland's "this way to downtown" wayfinder. I'd love to see it if you can post without the mods burying it.

Catherine, did you ever have any luck arranging for a construction cam?

Back