2020, a Year to Forget, a Year Hard to Forget

EdMc

Reaction score
City People -
Scenes from Some of Our American Cities 🇺🇸

This thread is kind of a homage to those who have been stricken by the coronavirus. The year 2020 has been a sad, tragic year.

The demise of so many people increases the focus of the fragility of life and my own vulnerability. I’m doing my best to shelter-in-place.

Prior to 2020, I had the pleasure and adventure to experience the high energy and humanity of our American cities and my fellow Americans. I’m hoping we can soon get back to the way we were.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Atlanta, Georgia

Baltimore, Maryland

Bentonville, Arkansas

Boston, Massachusetts

Buffalo, Wyoming

Cambridge, Massachusetts

Chicago, Illinois

Cincinnati, Ohio

Last edited:

EdMc

Reaction score

Denver, Colorado

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Houston, Texas

Indianapolis, Indiana

Kansas City, Missouri

Los Angeles, California

Last edited:

EdMc

Reaction score

Miami, Florida

Miami Beach, Florida

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Nashville, Tennessee

New York, New York

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Last edited:

EdMc

Reaction score
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Sacramento, California

St. Louis, Missouri

Salt Lake City, Utah

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Santa Monica, California

Scottsdale, Arizona

Seattle, Washington

Topeka, Kansas

Washington, DC

Good Luck, Good Health,

EdMc

Last edited:

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo spread Ed! Be well. I gotta say it is weirdly jarring now in December 2020 seeing all these "Before Times" pics of folks congregating outdoors with uncovered faces. It's been a hell of a year.

ErnieAdams

Reaction score
Absolutely love these essays, EdMc. Always a great story you tell. Thanks so much. Let's hope to catch some more ballgames on the other side.

EdMc

Reaction score
I, very much, appreciate your comment. I had collected photos for a tall building thread, but, too few views and comments doesn’t warrant the effort.

Previously, I felt that I was on assignment trying to cover as much of a downtown as I could, constantly in motion, although, loving every minute. Going forward, I’m shifting to a more leisurely pace.

Observing the downtowns of our major cities prosper with new buildings, parks and transit has been a blast. The energy is stimulating.

Always liked visiting ballparks, they are unique buildings, of course, and great for people-watching. I was satisfied with bleacher or upper deck seats just for entry because I always walk around the entire ballpark and only stayed for a few innings because I had more exploring to do.

Kind regards.