2028 Summer Olympic Bid Game!

LordStanleyCup2011

Reaction score
oly-f.gif

Is it time for a 2028 Summer Olympics ?
You could form teams of up to 4 if you like.

And to make it easier, you can choose if you want to do the old format, or the new one, you will still be judged on content the same. I will be trying the new one.

For those who don't want to do too much hard research, you can cheat by using some of the past bidders.

Naturally, no recent bidders, so those in the current race, 2016 and 2012 are out. No recent hosts too.

Make a professional looking logo, or do an Istanbul and make none. Your bid book must have a consistent design throughout, with all the necessary information, appropriate maps and charts. Information for specifics such as meteorology, hotel rooms, transport infrastructure etc may be skewed from "real figures", but try to put in some effort in attempting to obtain such information. The internet is your friend! Many countries have statistic sites which might assist, or if using a past bidder, cheat!

Let's say a end of May deadline to nominate your city, with say 2 or 3 months to work on the bid book, a submission deadline yet to be determined, with a neutral body producing a Candidate list from the Acceptance Report? Then we could be at around August Olympics season for the vote? Or is this too much?

Note: Only 1 city per country! I already have Boston, so that means the USA is out!

Have fun! Any questions just pm me or post here! Cheers to a great time!

IOC Members: PM ABOUT (need 3-6 members)
LordStanleyCup2011: Boston, Massachusetts, USA (looking for people to join my team)

Last edited:
100309_BostonOlympics.jpg

I don't know where this logo came from, but we should use it for every bid.

I guess this wasn't the correct website to put this on lol

I'll leave it till 4 pm tomorrow to see how much interest there, and if there's none, I'll move on to a different site

I think this is a great idea - I'd be lying if I said I had the time, though!

Back