225 Centre @ Jackson Square | 225 Centre Street | Jamaica Plain

Re: Jackson Square/225 Centre

I remember it starting when it was cold and I thought it was odd.

I think site-prep began last spring (2012)... I want to say it was an 18-month project.

How long has this thing been under construction? Seems like FOREVER. Especially now that I'm walking by it every day.

The new park is pretty awesome, though. It's great to see all the kids enjoying it so much.

I agree, the new playground/courts have really enlivened the area and are a great asset to Bromley/Heath (although it does make biking through a bit more difficult). I just hope the programming can stay safe and clean. If so, I'd say its a major plus. Doe anyone have any idea what's planned for the courtyard that appears to open up to the playground/jackson sq. station?

Been seeing these everywhere.

10700904255_51ae11873b_b.jpg

Yeah, I saw one of those ads last night too. On the bus, I think.

Been seeing these everywhere.

10700904255_51ae11873b_b.jpg

I've been seeing them all around, too. Some time this past week I noticed they removed all the construction fencing from Jackson Sq, right the same day I noticed all these big sticker ads thrown up all up and down Huntington Ave.

The fencing has been down for more than a week, its been a least two but nbd

Finally!!! A nice building on columbus ave!!!! It only took 30 years!!!!!

The fencing has been down for more than a week, its been a least two but nbd

Every day seems the same. You could tell me last month was when I saw them taking the fencing down and I'd believe it. :p

Does anyone know what's going on across Columbus Ave from this project? Possibly a construction site? As I recall, it has been a bit of a unchanged dumpy lot for as long as I've known it.

Does anyone know what's going on across Columbus Ave from this project? Possibly a construction site? As I recall, it has been a bit of a unchanged dumpy lot for as long as I've known it.

The land at the corner of Columbus Ave and Marcella Street is designated "Site II" in the Jackson Square PNF.

There are 3 buildings Urban Edge is doing that are condos, rental units, and office space.

You can find the PNF here...
http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/document-center?program=9

Any word on whether they've leased any of the retail spaces?

Back