330 C Street | South Boston

areiss

Reaction score

Screenshot (6).png

Second project recently proposed on this block

Staying at this hotel is going to be mind-bending... it will be like stepping out into an industrial hellscape before going to do something in beautiful Boston.

it will be like stepping out into an industrial hellscape
Who doesn't like a sea of asphalt and jersey barriers welcoming them into the day?? Surely there's a time that comes though to condense that parking behind the BCEC into a garage or two and start developing that Cypher St corridor

Who doesn't like a sea of asphalt and jersey barriers welcoming them into the day?? Surely there's a time that comes though to condense that parking behind the BCEC into a garage or two and start developing that Cypher St corridor

The reason for the parking lot is that's where the BCEC expansion will go, if it ever comes to pass. If Baker hadn't killed the first expansion attempt that parking lot would have been long gone.

Anyone here knowledgeable on the current state of the convention industry and how it's likely to evolve in the future given COVID, remote viewing technologies, etc. who could take a guess whether there'll ever be a need for the expansion?

One reason I can think of is Boston's position as a world leader in the life sciences and the fact that the Seaport is turning into a second Kendall Square. Makes me think that a LOT of people would want to attend future life sciences conventions in Boston.

Convention Center demand is always projected far above what's needed; the current BCEC has never been needed. Let's sell the lots.

The reason for the parking lot is that's where the BCEC expansion will go, if it ever comes to pass. If Baker hadn't killed the first expansion attempt that parking lot would have been long gone.

Anyone here knowledgeable on the current state of the convention industry and how it's likely to evolve in the future given COVID, remote viewing technologies, etc. who could take a guess whether there'll ever be a need for the expansion?

One reason I can think of is Boston's position as a world leader in the life sciences and the fact that the Seaport is turning into a second Kendall Square. Makes me think that a LOT of people would want to attend future life sciences conventions in Boston.

I'm seeing a BIG demand for in-person conferences from a Software Company perspective. I'm quite surprised by all the events planned for this summer. I think the in-person conference circuit will bounce back and may even be stronger than before.

Yeah! Sounds like a repeat of the skyscraper craze that, contrary to all expectations, was unleashed after 9/11.

Well, it will be convenient for:

- Convention goers not on an Omni Hotel
- People visiting for work and have a 6am flight out of Logan
- Suburbanites that want to party at Capo and Lincoln on a weekend and need a place to crash

BPDA Board OKs Southie Hotel
screen-shot-2023-04-13-at-105145-pm900xx1512-1008-120-0.png

The Boston Planning and Development Agency’s board on Thursday approved plans for a six-story hotel behind the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center as well as three requests for proposals for housing on city-owned land in Charlestown, Chinatown and Dorchester.

The board also gave the greenlight to proposed zoning changes that could lead to taller buildings along Brookline Avenue in Fenway, among other tweaks. The proposal now goes to the Boston Zoning Commission.”

https://www.nbcboston.com/boston-bu...ie-hotel-fenway-zoning-changes/3021599/?amp=1

BPDA Board OKs Southie Hotel
screen-shot-2023-04-13-at-105145-pm900xx1512-1008-120-0.png

The Boston Planning and Development Agency’s board on Thursday approved plans for a six-story hotel behind the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center as well as three requests for proposals for housing on city-owned land in Charlestown, Chinatown and Dorchester.

The board also gave the greenlight to proposed zoning changes that could lead to taller buildings along Brookline Avenue in Fenway, among other tweaks. The proposal now goes to the Boston Zoning Commission.”

https://www.nbcboston.com/boston-bu...ie-hotel-fenway-zoning-changes/3021599/?amp=1

I love this. Hotels and Housing - - bring more HUMANOIDS into the city and make it more 24/7!!!!!

Back