48 Mason St Affordable Housing | Worcester

ctsketch

Reaction score
Applicant wants to build a 94-unit affordable housing development on a vacant lot

48mason.PNG

48mason3.PNG
48 Mason2.PNG

It is ugly and far too tall for that street. That height would be better suited for nearby Park Ave or Chandler street, not in the more residential areas off them.

It is ugly and far too tall for that street. That height would be better suited for nearby Park Ave or Chandler street, not in the more residential areas off them.

This is one street away from park and near Clark's west campus expansion, it will be visible from park and Clark. So yes it is by Park Ave

I'm not opposed to the infill on the vacant lot, but I just wish it had a better exterior - maybe a combination of brick and shingles to match the 3 deckers and old brick buildings in the area. But beggars can't be choosers. We need these units yesterday.

Too large and too tall in my view for a location not on a main road. Most of the residential buildings on the streets in that neighborhood are 1-3 family structures.

That street was 0 stories until someone built 1-3 family structures. all neighborhoods start somewhere. and being near Clark and Park Avenue.....gotta start somewhere. look below, not exactly a quaint and quiet neighborhood. its one street removed from commercial and taller things

3dmason.PNG

This development was supposed to be 100% affordable, meaning all 94 units. This was now changed to the minimum required 15%, which breaks down to 14 affordable units.

This development was supposed to be 100% affordable, meaning all 94 units. This was now changed to the minimum required 15%, which breaks down to 14 affordable units.

thats a shame

I kinda assume that any 'affordable' units that someone is taking a huge bath. That may not be the developer or the market rate residents. Whoever would have eaten it must have fell through.

Back