50-62 Staniford Street Renovation | West End

Lrfox

Reaction score
Boston – Lee Kennedy Co., Inc. (LKCo.) recently began construction for the 34,270sf renovation, as well as the 19,500sf addition, at 50, 60, and 62 Staniford Street in Boston’s West End neighborhood. Construction is expected to be complete in February 2019.

The 50 Staniford Street projects represent a continuation of LKCo.’s relationship with the architect, Margulies Perruzzi Architects, and owner’s project manager, CBRE/New England.

The project looks to revitalize the building with the repositioning of three entries, a new plaza, and a renovation of the building’s lobby. It will reposition the existing lobby along William O’Connell Way to better suit the patient experience and develop new retail and medical space along Staniford

More: https://www.high-profile.com/50-staniford-street-expansion-begins/

This looks like it might be a vast improvement over the nothingness that currently exists on that spot. It'll never be a vibrant, thriving retail stretch, but this is one less chunk of dead space with (hopefully) some decent retail.

hvb1TqL.jpg

yhtF0ir.jpg

nXDuGOI.jpg

It's a nightmare around this building. It's nearly impossible to get out of the garage because people double park. Around the corner on O'Connell the Ride and the wheelchair vans block the road and to pass them you have to be careful not to run anyone over coming out of the supermarket. So I think a drop off area for patients is the best part of this project

It's a nightmare around this building. It's nearly impossible to get out of the garage because people double park. Around the corner on O'Connell the Ride and the wheelchair vans block the road and to pass them you have to be careful not to run anyone over coming out of the supermarket. So I think a drop off area for patients is the best part of this project

Agreed. That "plaza" back there is major bit of useless space too. This should be a major improvement.

I thought that was new for a second and was impressed with the quality. Then I realized it was an older building, renovated. It's a shame we can't build'em like we used to.

It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do.

Back