775 Huntington Avenue | Mission Hill

Equilibria

Reaction score
A whole bunch of stuff just got posted to BPDA at once on this but here's the most recent BCDC presentation:

1637794860693.png

1637793861065.png

This is great and I hope the change in admin doesn't bury it. We clearly need a lot more of these.

Any sense of number of units?

This is great and I hope the change in admin doesn't bury it. We clearly need a lot more of these.

Any sense of number of units?
Here's the PNF https://bpda.app.box.com/s/vg8hrglsb4swwd1f54f7to7zieybtmjb

Looks to be 111 units split between rentals and condos, and half of each affordable. 24 parking spaces.

Given that it's Roxbury Tenants of Harvard, (who also own pretty much everything on that side of the street, including Mission Park, a dozen or so triple deckers etc) I feel like this has a good chance of being built.

Thank you! Looks like all the rentals will be affordable at 80% ami and half the condos affordable at 120% ami, the other half market rate.

This is the dream, right here. High rise, affordable housing to grow the city and increase opportunity.

Obviously it takes a non-profit to do this, so I don't expect private developers to follow this model at all. The key is to cultivate more non-profits to get into the development business. This can change the city and bring more life to it for workers.

By right zoning to considerably more height would allow a private dev to build more market rate and the same amount affordable. You could do this with a large, codified density bonus (and other forms of zoning relief around setbacks and parking etc).

Wow, this is great. The ill-conceived housing projects and hospitals in this area (which are anti-urban by design and function) effectively create a black hole in the urban fabric here. As a result, Lower Roxbury and JP feel much more isolated from the urbanity of the Fenway than they should. One building won't solve that, but Brigham Circle developing as a denser commercial square can only help.

Very solid proposal, I agree we need 100 spread across the metro area.

Back