845 Boylston 40B I Brookline

Smuttynose

Reaction score
This is a 40B proposal in Brookline (40 housing units with 25% affordable units) at the corner of Route 9 (Boylston) and Reservoir Road currently making its way through the process. Couldn't find a thread for it. The neighbors mostly hate it (the public comments are mostly depressing). It's a tiny 0.37 acre lot and 41 spaces are proposed so they would all be underground with a funky access driveway right off of Route 9. Interestingly, the building has actually gotten taller through various design changes, but I think I preferred the original architecture.

Original Proposal (architecture)

845Boylston2.jpg

845Boylston3.jpg

Current Proposal (Architecture)

845 Boylston2.jpg

845B 3.jpg

845B New.jpg

It's on a former gas station with Rt 9, Office Buildings, and a triple decker as immediate neighbors. What are the specific objections of the opposition? Looking a the satellite view of the location and the neighborhood a couple hundred feet to the south would seem to indicate a community preference for massive single family homes squeezed into slightly larger lots.

It's on a former gas station with Rt 9, Office Buildings, and a triple decker as immediate neighbors. What are the specific objections of the opposition? Looking a the satellite view of the location and the neighborhood a couple hundred feet to the south would seem to indicate a community preference for massive single family homes squeezed into slightly larger lots.

It's a 40B so the objections are to try to prevent poor people from moving in. Maybe a sprinkle of racism in there as well - just a pinch.

All we need are specific complaints about traffic and we’ve hit for the cycle (of sadness and misery)

It's a 40B so the objections are to try to prevent poor people from moving in. Maybe a sprinkle of racism in there as well - just a pinch.
Plus it's Brookline so they oppose any new housing regardless. Gotta keep the neighborhood vibes of a speedway deathtrap with narrow sidewalks!

Back