88 Black Falcon Avenue | Seaport

That is a lot of surface parking. The project almost seems more like a parking project than a building project.

If it becomes lab space they will crown the addition with an interesting mechanical screen so not all hope is lost. Actually it's funny, I did a Google search for waterfront building and waterfront office and they all look pretty much like this addition so Boston is par for the course for waterfront buildings in America. This could be one version of a screen but this pic is Stockholm so of course its architecturally interesting. I worked in the Black Falcon building. I'm not surprised the parking deck expansion is the first step. There was limited parking for principles and management only for all the offices in the building (law offices, architects and engineering firms at the time). I took the Silverline on a daily basis and it was fine (except the D St crossing). It's a long walk from the Silverline stop to the office on the opposite end but the views were amazing of the airport/ harbor and it was fun to wave to the ship passengers backing out of the terminal. also, it must be a great fishing spot because there are people fishing there day and night. Check out Scola's sandwich shop on the waterfront if your up for a hardy lunch.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I like the meandering sidewalk that just deadends into the harbor.

Back