A. O. Flats | Parcel U | Jamaica Plain

Re: Parcel U, Jamaica Plain

Can’t argue with the market. Loosen the rules around here, have a fucking brain and build UP, and you would have construction of three-bedroom units overnight. Right next to a major transit hub and we get a three to four story building - exactly the same height as buildings across the street built over a HUNDRED fucking years ago.

Last edited:

I'd really like to see an extension of the SW corridor multi-use path down into rozzie and HP - maybe this could be the first step...

Not sure about HP, but plans are moving well along for an extension to Rozzie Square. When the Arborway project is complete, the paths from the SW corridor park will extend to the Blackwell path section of the Arboretum. An extension of that will be built following the Needham Line ROW as far as the Roslindale Village train station. It will be a longer distance than simply taking Washington St., but will be far more attractive and safer for many cyclists not comfortable with riding between the Square and Forest Hills.

More info can be found here:

http://www.walkuproslindale.org/weblog/2015/10/10/the-rozzie-arboretum-gateway-path/

I wish we could get a bit of this on the Washington St. side of the tracks. The new project, in particular, could very easily have bridge the tracks, providing Ukraine Way and part of Washington with some street wall. Oh well, at least HP Ave. is getting some attention.

I want to give these folks an award for simply not putting the work "luxury" on the banner. Good for them.

cca

Not again, cca! You mean... "putting the word".... ? Sorry, cant resist.

I wish we could get a bit of this on the Washington St. side of the tracks. The new project, in particular, could very easily have bridge the tracks, providing Ukraine Way and part of Washington with some street wall. Oh well, at least HP Ave. is getting some attention.

Totally agree. But, let's be realistic... nobody's going to be decking over those tracks for decades... Sad but true.

There are much cheaper ways the state could put in some small projects (walls, murals, sculpture etc) to wall off the tracks, though.

I was thinking that decking over for a 2-3 story building wouldn't be all that complicated or expensive, but I really have no idea about such things.

Mods. please mark this thread as "under construction"

mods, as beeline requested, please mark this thread as "under construction"

The building nicely shores up the corner of Hyde Park Ave and Ukraine. Really wish the MBTA could do something to create street wall on the other side as well.

Back