A survey about modern architecture

dbhstockton

Reaction score
I'm a student at the Boston Architectural College and I've put together a survey that investigates attitudes about modern architecture.

Please try it out. If you find it interesting, pass it along to anyone else you might think would be interested. The more responses, the more varied the respondents will be and the more compelling the results.

Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=HqUy1L9i6WPOZJ67R6xASw_3d_3d

Interesting survey. A bit longer than I anticipated, but not bad.

One quirk. You continued changed the word set around. I wonder if that may betray a certain bias. i.e. "Well, no one could think this building is stark, but perhaps elegant" I think a standard word set may work better, unless there is reason for doing it that way.
There were a few times when I knew what word I wanted as soon as I saw the picture only to find it wasn't on the list. :/

I'm curious to see what kind of results you get. Good luck.

Interesting survey. A bit longer than I anticipated, but not bad.

One quirk. You continued changed the word set around. I wonder if that may betray a certain bias... I think a standard word set may work better...

There were a few times when I knew what word I wanted as soon as I saw the picture only to find it wasn't on the list...
My thoughts exactly.

Too long; tempts you to quit before the end.

Architects and normal folks will answer the questions differently.

Definitely a bit on the long side. Also, you should go back and resize the photos to a uniform height

I realize it's a bit long. I've changed the settings so that you can leave and come back as long as you're at the same computer. The image sizes is something I'll look in to when I have the time. Thanks for the feedback.

Fantastic... ugly as hell... lost opportunity or roof probably leaks... were not given as options so I skipped those. ;)

Thanks everybody for your interest. The survey is now closed. I'll be posting results some time in the next few weeks.

Results

I finally got around to uploading some of the data from the survey. FYI: I broke down the respondents in to four groups based on their answer to the question about their relationship to the architecture profession. In the data, it's shortened to "others" for those who said they were generally not followers of architecture, "buffs" for those who consider themselves informed laypeople, "students" and "architects."

I'm keeping my analysis of the data to myself for now. I may be doing a follow-up in the Spring semester.

link to results pdf's here
and here

Back