Abandoned Ramps Around Boston

danielp

Reaction score
There are plenty of abandoned ramps around Boston, and I was hoping you guys might be able to post pictures of some of them, what they were supposed to be part of, and what is going to happen to them (if anything)

On my bus ride in to the city this morning, I finally noticed some work being done after the ramp that comes off the Tobin South, where the lane that loops back through Charlestown is. Anyone know what's going on there?

There are plenty of abandoned ramps around Boston, and I was hoping you guys might be able to post pictures of some of them, what they were supposed to be part of, and what is going to happen to them (if anything)

On my bus ride in to the city this morning, I finally noticed some work being done after the ramp that comes off the Tobin South, where the lane that loops back through Charlestown is. Anyone know what's going on there?

Tobin's getting repainted right now, so they're probably using the stub ramp for staging purposes.

Rutherford Ave has an ugly abandoned bridge/tunnel by Sullivan Sq and the bridge on 93 just north of Boston that just drops off to nothing is pretty laughable

They might be just extending the landscaping from Paul Revere Park. It isn't anything to do with the Tobin Bridge staging area since that for two years has been on the Bridge itself. I think I saw rolls of sod out there yesterday.

I didn't think it was stagging. I just keep dreaming that they build off the ramp and connect it to 93 North.

Any one else have any designs, or pictures of other ramps that were built and never used, or disconnect to what they were originally?

I looks to me like they're expending the ramp for two lanes. (everyone uses it that way anyway)

Back