Allston LabWorks | 250, 280 and 305 Western Avenue | Allston

If they butchered architecture the way they butcher the English language we would end up with some Nth-dimension, causality-violating, non-Euclidean nightmare space.

Sorry, I don't see "THAIC" anywhere in that document. That acronym isn't coming from the developers...

Sorry, I don't see "THAIC" anywhere in that document. That acronym isn't coming from the developers...

It is. I just didn't want to write out "The Allston Innovation Corridor" in the thread title, and I think there are already several other projects called "Nexus".

I just didn't want to write out "The Allston Innovation Corridor" in the thread title, and I think there are already several other projects called "Nexus".

Right, "THAIC" isn't a thing. It's not a name that anyone is putting forward; it's an acronym that you invented. It seems kind of silly to me to concoct your own name for a project then immediately make fun of that name.

And are there any other Boston buildings called Nexus? I don't know of any...

Right, "THAIC" isn't a thing. It's not a name that anyone is putting forward; it's an acronym that you invented. It seems kind of silly to me to concoct your own name for a project then immediately make fun of that name.

And are there any other Boston buildings called Nexus? I don't know of any...

My comment was referring to the whole long chain of words - I figured folks would realize that. Sorry!

I'll be sad to see The Breakfast Club go. With this and "Scape" (ugh) we'll be losing some unique neighborhood places.

The Breakfast Club is one of the best places anywhere in the area. So sad.

Another "innovation" area with boring architecture. Yay.

Another "innovation" area with boring architecture. Yay.

I never miss an opportunity to complain or criticize on here, but I think this could be a pretty good project. If they don’t skimp on the materials, it could look quite nice. I like the industrial windows on the last building, too. Moreover, it adds a good deal if density and retail space to an area lacking it, complete with cycle tracks.

DEIR filed with the City - minor massing changes and improved parking garage in negotiation with neighbors:

It says something about Boston and the Commonwealth that the EIS for this project is 933 pages.

As an aside, with respect to the discussion on another thread about the location of the Speedway, this project is located across the street from Speedway Ave. (Speedway Ave. runs off the north side of Western Ave. and provides a back entrance to the WBZ studios on Soldiers Field Road.),

BCDC:

I liked the old 305 Western design, but the new one is still the best of the three they're proposing.

1627504647518.png

1627504670231.png

1627504692966.png

1627504715937.png

Back