Allston Yards (Stop and Shop) | 60 Everett St | Allston

Are you guys skipping winter over there? Looks like fall or spring.

We've only had snow once this year, and even that accumulation was less than 1 inch. December has been extraordinarily warm, barring a 3-day cold snap around Christmas (which was much more severe in most of the rest of the country).

Anyone know when the Stop and Shop comes down or is that staying through construction?

52660249215_984feb425d_k.jpg

ok curved brick. I'm here for it.

I think this building will really come down to what goes into the ground floor retail. With a big grocery store next door what other amenities will the building bring to this rapidly densifying neighborhood?

ok curved brick. I'm here for it.

I think this building will really come down to what goes into the ground floor retail. With a big grocery store next door what other amenities will the building bring to this rapidly densifying neighborhood?
H&R Block?

The Home Goods and Dollar stores seemed to do a good amount of business. I would think they would return. Maybe a TJ Max.

The Home Goods and Dollar stores seemed to do a good amount of business. I would think they would return. Maybe a TJ Max.

I don’t remember if the dollar tree on Comm Ave. predates the closing of the one in that plaza (did it move from there to Comm Ave, or are they unrelated?).

I’ve alternated between assuming that HomeGoods will come back once the new buildings done, and assuming they are just gone.

Across Arthur street in the new balance development a bunch of the retail space has remained empty. I don’t know of that is a omen for filling any retail along guest street or if it is just empty because of ongoing construction.

I don’t remember if the dollar tree on Comm Ave. predates the closing of the one in that plaza (did it move from there to Comm Ave, or are they unrelated?).

I’ve alternated between assuming that HomeGoods will come back once the new buildings done, and assuming they are just gone.

Across Arthur street in the new balance development a bunch of the retail space has remained empty. I don’t know of that is a omen for filling any retail along guest street or if it is just empty because of ongoing construction.

It might also be that New Balance is looking for tenants that fit their theme and not just taking any old bank branch.

Is there another thread on this? Has there really been no updates on this project for 3 months?

52943037629_675525d32c_3k.jpg

52943037989_7f0396a60a_3k.jpg
Someone posted a pic to the New Balance thread, but not many updates, no. So thank you :).

We have photographers on aB who live in Somerville and Everett, which means we get an amazing photo density for developments of this scale in those places. Also probably doesn't speak well to the current foot traffic in this part of Allston or the usage of Boston Landing Station (at least by people who live in the more central parts of Boston - most of its usage is probably from people out the Worcester Line).

Last edited:

Back