Anyone else receiving security threats?

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's actually coming from this site, yet. I received a notification from AVG AntiVirus that it blocked a potential tracking cookie or spyware threat from some Russian domain origin. This is the 2nd time and both occurred shortly after loading a page on this site.

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. :)

It comes from this site.
It's Bloodhound.Exploit.292 low risk, but I had to quarantine it twice already

It might have something to do with the weird Russian spam that popped up several weeks ago. Maybe someone is trolling every installation of vBulletin looking for a vulnerable host to take over?

Yeah, I already had my computer infected with a Trojan, had to waste hours restoring it. My activities on AB will have to be severely curtailed if this continues. Kaspersky complains every time I open a new page on the site.

Noscript is detecting a script from roundgain.ru attempting to run on all posts on the site.

When i came on here a window popped up and launched Java 6 or something and then my firefox crashed. Running AV now.

I had a similar thing happen. It doesn't happen when I use Google Chrome though.

Ever since this started happening my svchost.exe process has been acting up, eating alot of my CPU and RAM. Sometimes FireFox doesn't open and I have no connection on it if it does open, and sometimes no connection on Chrome or Opera, but they always open at least.

AVG repeatedly turns up no infections, just warnings when on here.

do system restore, I had my dlls and java all fail, making the computer run like crap, so I had to system restore it to return it to its pre-trojan state

Has the forum been destroyed by the Russians? Activity has dropped off since yesterday. I don't have any symptoms to report yet (that I didn't have before).

Just found about this today. I totally missed this thread. If anything like this happens again, send me an email or PM.

I think I cleaned the script from the site. I'm still looking into what it was supposed to do and hopefully I'll have more info on it soon.

Chrome has been safe for me, so far. No issues to report. Try using Chrome if you are having problems?

Not to derail this thread further, but isn't Chrome faster than Opera? And how is Opera more "usable."

Opera 10.5 is much, much faster than Chrome, and Opera is much more customizable than Chrome, with hundreds of custom skins, mouse gestures, and even voice support. Plus Opera doesn?t choke and crash when I open dozens of tabs, unlike Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

Opera and Chrome are fastest, and probably equal. FireFox is still a million times better than IE and has the addons and functions.

For me, each browser has it's own purpose based on what I'm doing.

Even IE has a purpose. To download the others as soon as possible!

Back