Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ya, you are annoying, teens shouldnt be in this forum

• Nope, you seem like a cool kid...Just aggressive

• Total voters

TheBostonBoy

Reaction score
I understand some people in the forum are sick of my "immaturity" and my one liners. Also the fact that I am a teen plays a role in everyone attacking me but whatever. I would like to say I am sorry for causing the grudges people have against me, and also letting my anger perceive my personality.
I am sorry that I sometimes use AIM style of language, but I have stopped using it now on the forum, so that is a problem that doesn't need to be addressed. Also I am sorry for my "immature" and "inane" replies to threads, and how repetitive they are as Van has told me. I don't mean to be repetitive, I just like to voice my opinion and say something about everything. Also, I say things because I want to keep some of threads alive because many of them become forgotten for a while or change topic. I just like staying up to date with everything and when no one is posting anything, I just want to get some chatter going. I really did not join this forum to be criticized and disliked. I love Boston and it's architecture, and that is the reason why this forum is important to me. I don't want to be enemies with everyone in the forum, but be friendly and talk about the thing we have in common....Boston architecture. I am going to be doing my part not to infuriate anyone, but I also think I have my right to post (even if it is just a one-liner) no matter how repetitive or pointless, because so do others, and that's just how my response would be. Nothing wrong with saying "Yes, I do like the facade" or whatever. Anyways, I will be trying my hardest to be acceptable in the forum, but for this to happen people need to stop attacking me about my age or whatever. I didn't ask for that and it seems immature on your part to be insulting me for nothing. This site is for people who are interested in architecture and design, and who care about the beautiful city of Boston, or other notable places in New England. So let's just forget our prejudices and just stay on topic. I'll do my part to be a respectable member, but in return I ask that people stop making fun of me or attacking me absolutely for nothing. So I apologize, Just please I want to put any disputes behind me and continue being part of the forum, and voicing my opinion.
Thank you and Sorry.
-Mike (TheBostonBoy)
Take the poll too, and don't be a jerk about it! Be honest and don't just say yes cause you think I am joke.

Wow, see that's what I am talking about Jimbo!
I am being serious. I know everyone thinks it is a big joke, but according to a moderator, he wants me to stop causing all this crap around the forum. So i am being mature and apologizing that way I don't have to deal with all this. Like seriously, is it really necessary to say LOL??? Can't you just keep it to yourself??? That is the type of stuff that vanshnookenraggen told me I did too much, and warned me to stop. So please stop just thinking everything I say is a joke. I am being serious and saying I am sorry, I just don't want any more crap like that Jimbo

TheBostonBoy,

I think we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the site, but would appreciate it even more if you didn't post unless you have something to add to the conversation. When I come home and see that about 20 threads or so have new posts, I get excited (thinking that new photos have been posted by kz1000ps, perhaps), and it's a let-down, and somewhat of a waste of my time, to go through them all, only to learn that there's not really any new information being posted about any of the projects, just your subjective response to a previous post that is a month or two old. There's nothing wrong with subjective opinions on this site, but I think most of us come here for current information and the reasoned discussions that spring from the current information. When I make a post, I try to think of whether other people on the forum will gain from reading it...and if I catch myself about to go off-topic, or just say some thing like "I think this project is cool," then I usually just forget about it.

I remember how excited I was when I first discovered this community. It took me a couple of months to go through all the old posts and get up to steam on the old skyscraperguy forum. But I waited quite some time to make my first post...

I hope you don't get discouraged by the negative reactions to your posts. If it means anything to you, the poll results look like a middle finger at the time of this post. Also, I can't find the "Is BostonBoy a twink" thread.

TheBostonBoy said:
I don't mean to be repetitive, I just like to voice my opinion and say something about everything. Also, I say things because I want to keep some of threads alive because many of them become forgotten for a while or change topic.
There's no need for any of that though! This is the problem I have with you, in that it seems like you have some dire urge to post in every single thread no matter what. Ask yourself, what would this board be like if all of us did what you did? It wouldn't be pretty.

And just because a thread falls onto page 3 doesn't mean it needs to be resurrected.. news and photos will come to it when they come.

Nothing wrong with saying "Yes, I do like the facade" or whatever.
I disagree. Again, ask yourself what this place would be like if we all chimed in with a

"yeah that's really nice! haha"

nothing of substance or entertainment value was said, so why subject dozens (perhaps hundreds) of readers to it? Remember: the key to having a good discussion is when every participant puts in something that furthers the discourse. Something like the above "yeah that's nice" does not do that.

One last thing: Although your young age is rather obvious, I don't hold that against you (If you were 20 years older and posting what you've posted I'd still be saying the same things). Thankfully, however, you've shown yourself to be capable of listening to and understanding our gripes, so please take the above criticism in a constructive light (I'm not here to tear you down or drive you out of this place) and make the proper changes.

Ya I am sorry, and thank you for your understandingness (is that a word) I understand what you mean, and I really will stop inputing so much pointlessness. I get to excited too about this forum and staying up to date and seeing what new projects are beginning. And I posted nothing because if people saw the new post sign at the top then they would check it out and maybe revive it. But now I guess I will just wait and if anything really really dies out that I was interested in, I will post asking if their is any info because that is def. something I would like to know so it wouldn't be bad. Anyways I will be better about this and thanks for your input.
Kz I also am a huge fan of your pictures, and i love commenting about them if you don't mind. I got some pictures I gotta put up.

TheBostonBoy said:
Ya I am sorry, and thank you for your understandingness (is that a word) I understand what you mean, and I really will stop inputing so much pointlessness. I get to excited too about this forum and staying up to date and seeing what new projects are beginning. And I posted nothing because if people saw the new post sign at the top then they would check it out and maybe revive it. But now I guess I will just wait and if anything really really dies out that I was interested in, I will post asking if their is any info because that is def. something I would like to know so it wouldn't be bad. Anyways I will be better about this and thanks for your input.
Kz I also am a huge fan of your pictures, and i love commenting about them if you don't mind. I got some pictures I gotta put up.

Are you kidding me? who cares how you post?

one day someone is complaining that people post overly intellectual posts and the next day its all complaints about a teen writing like a teen. since when did this board become communist?

Haha I know that's how I felt, but according to them, if I don't shape up they are gonna ban me :( lol so gay but whatever people don't really take me too serious

Some people have stuff to add all the time and some dont. to me, adding an article thats on boston.com and that 95% of people already read is just about as helpful as bostonboy's posts.

you do need to take it down a notch. but i dont see a problem with posting on here and saying something is cool or your excited about it. cuz there's already enough bitching on this board to last a lifetime. balance's it out a bit.

the stuff that adds the most are current pictures and news articles from obscure websites/news-outfits.

and patrick, i completely agree with you. good job.....go check the politics section i made fun of ya over there. :p

Bobby Digital said:
to me, adding an article thats on boston.com and that 95% of people already read is just about as helpful as bostonboy's posts.
Except that Boston.com often 'locks' their stories a few months after posting them. Once they are posted in the thread we can always go back and reference them. ("Didn't they orginally say this was going to be 500ft?" 'Didn't they say this was going to start in June '07", etc.)
It may not come up much but it's nice to have all the stories and info collected in one place.

Bobby Digital said:
Some people have stuff to add all the time and some dont. to me, adding an article thats on boston.com and that 95% of people already read is just about as helpful as bostonboy's posts.

you do need to take it down a notch. but i dont see a problem with posting on here and saying something is cool or your excited about it. cuz there's already enough bitching on this board to last a lifetime. balance's it out a bit.

the stuff that adds the most are current pictures and news articles from obscure websites/news-outfits.

and patrick, i completely agree with you. good job.....go check the politics section i made fun of ya over there. :p

don't you have anything better to do than make fun of someone you don't know on the internet and make yourself look foolish?

Statler has it right.

ya, bobby digital. Where are you getting you statistics??? 95% of people?? I never go to Boston.com for the articles. I come here where people post the newest articles and whatnot, because they pertain to all the stuff we talk about, so I would rather just cut that extra step of going to Boston.com, and rather just see other people post it here.
:)

Bobby Digital said:

well consider those other 5% served! :wink:

Patrick said:
TheBostonBoy said:

Are you kidding me? who cares how you post?

one day someone is complaining that people post overly intellectual posts and the next day its all complaints about a teen writing like a teen. since when did this board become communist?

i think the problem was a teen writing like a retard...

Back