archBoston Awards Feedback

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Use this thread if you notice any errors in the survey, want clarification, or have other feedback.

I clicked on the elevated reflection shot of 28 State Street by Downtown Dave. However, the confirmation email said I voted for his other picture, the shot across the harbor. Please check if there is a glitch due to it being the same user.

PS I have the 2nd highest reaction score (ie from my pics) and got 0 pictures nominated. Thanks a lot guys! This is why I hate that category. Nobody has time to go through a year worth of pictures. Whenever I do get nominated, it's always one I don't even think is that good, and then the ones I am proud of are overlooked in the shuffle of 1000's of annual pictures. So I know I sound a little whiny but I have always disliked the "picture of the year" because I know how arbitrary it is which ones get nominated, and so many of the best ones (by all users) do not.

I clicked on the elevated reflection shot of 28 State Street by Downtown Dave. However, the confirmation email said I voted for his other picture, the shot across the harbor. Please check if there is a glitch due to it being the same user.

Just checked, there was a visual glitch, but your vote was recorded correctly on the back end.

PS I have the 2nd highest reaction score (ie from my pics) and got 0 pictures nominated. Thanks a lot guys! This is why I hate that category. Nobody has time to go through a year worth of pictures. Whenever I do get nominated, it's always one I don't even think is that good, and then the ones I am proud of are overlooked in the shuffle of 1000's of annual pictures. So I know I sound a little whiny but I have always disliked the "picture of the year" because I know how arbitrary it is which ones get nominated, and so many of the best ones (by all users) do not.

I get this feeling for sure. Maybe in the future we can make a thread that's open during the year that folks can quote-reply their favorite pics in and base our nominations off of that? Just a thought.

That was an excellent way of doing it. Thanks to whoever made that document

PS I have the 2nd highest reaction score (ie from my pics) and got 0 pictures nominated. Thanks a lot guys! This is why I hate that category. Nobody has time to go through a year worth of pictures. Whenever I do get nominated, it's always one I don't even think is that good, and then the ones I am proud of are overlooked in the shuffle of 1000's of annual pictures. So I know I sound a little whiny but I have always disliked the "picture of the year" because I know how arbitrary it is which ones get nominated, and so many of the best ones (by all users) do not
DZH your pictures (like beelines) are one of the things that make this site so great. I especially loved your top of the hub series, so many great shots!

If I voted earlier and the week, and want to view the results as they stand today, is there a way beyond taking the test again? Is that allowed and does the email sort it out as a duplicate?(filling it out now as a dummy form just to get to the final page with the "results" button")

If I voted earlier and the week, and want to view the results as they stand today, is there a way beyond taking the test again? Is that allowed and does the email sort it out as a duplicate?(filling it out now as a dummy form just to get to the final page with the "results" button")

Hmm, I don't think so. Does the receipt email you received have the link to the results? Maybe that is maintained with live results. I can share an update talley tonight.

DZH your pictures (like beelines) are one of the things that make this site so great. I especially loved your top of the hub series, so many great shots!

Thanks! While your pics are less frequent, they are always exceptional, professional looking, and a boon to archboston.

The Hub pics were posted in like 20 different threads, so if looking back in time for a particular one it could be like finding a needle in a haystack. Basically, nobody is ever going to go back that far on every thread so most of the year's pictures are never even considered. Perhaps I should have taken a cue from another poster and just nominated whatever I believed was my single best picture of the year. Maybe I will do so in the future. It's plenty easy for me to scroll through my flickr photostream on my own. https://www.flickr.com/photos/123885177@N02/

Back