Art Deco Boston

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
Sadly Boston missed out on the era that other cities were gifted with. The art deco era brought some of the most beautiful high rises ever created. Cities like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, all got their fair share of not only beautiful but also tall art deco towers. Although for the most part we missed out on that era, there is still a hope. Boston is a city that is very old like those other cities but it is only obvious at street level. The skyline though doesn't share that same feeling. Our skyline brings a 70's/80's vibe. All is not lost though because other cities are bringing back those type of buildings and there is no reason we can not also. We were gifted with the Liberty mutual building in the back bay, giving the area that older feel along with class. I believe Boston needs not a lot but a couple more buildings like this to bring that feel throughout the city. It does not take much but all there needs to be is a couple of them and it will really help the skyline especially with the brand new glass high rises we will be getting soon. I believe that we could use one of these buildings in the back bay, one that is closer to the 600ft. range. Add one of these near the Hancock so it can be reflected and it would be incredible. Also we need I would say two of them downtown. Not a lot just a couple maybe with spires to give that class to the skyline. Our skyline severely lacks spires. Nothing looks better than a skyline with limestone towers with spires right next to brand new glass towers. If we could have one built near the new Filenes tower, and one that could be on the harbor side of the skyline to be viewed from the harbor that would be incredible. 30 park place in New York is being built right now and it has all of the old look with all of the new amenities inside. Boston really needs a couple of these built to go along with the boom we are already experiencing and our skyline will go from mediocre to world class in a decade. Add in one glass supertall and our skyline will be absolutely incredible. What do you guys think, and also if anybody is good with photoshop is your could add in some views with some art deco buildings in the skyline that would be great.

Here is 30 park place in NY under construction. There is absolutely no reason why Boston cannot get one of these, it is so much more needed here than it is in NY.

newdowntown16bp-10-web.jpg

30-park-place-5.27.4.jpg

30-park-place-rendering.jpg

30-Park-Place-duplex-penthouse.jpg

four-seasons-hotel-entrance.jpg

^ Lets recreate that entire building (minus 20 stories) and put it between Chinatown and the Hancock building! I love that first rendering with the huge balcony

Theres no reason that we cant build a couple buildings like that to give us that nice blend of old and new architecture. Everything we have now looks like its a box from the 1970s. We need some spires, limestone, and copper roof buildings that get that green patina over time. Even better they would be new buildings so they would have all of the new features with the old look.

Back