Assembly Row Development | Assembly Square | Somerville

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

Money

Reaction score
^^^That post reminds me that I saw this picture on flickr the other day. Anybody know what it's about?

Boycott PUMA action by Backbone Campaign, on Flickr
It has to do with their sponsorship of the Israel Football Assn., which has teams from settlements in the Gaza Strip. Those settlements are considered war crimes under international law for displacing Palestinians.

Ruairi

Reaction score
It has to do with their sponsorship of the Israel Football Assn., which has teams from settlements in the Gaza Strip. Those settlements are considered war crimes under international law for displacing Palestinians.
I presume that boycott sign is photoshopped as there is no solid surface to the left of the Puma sign, or can this be done now?
Also, I'm pro Palestinian but I think it's a bit much to expect a German company to boycott the Israeli FA. Talk about damned if you do damned if you don't.

erom

Reaction score
I think it's a spotlight. More than photoshop, but not something physically mounted up there. Look how the bottom of some letters hit the top edge of the building. It's presumably projected on the mechanical penthouse screen, which does indeed exist that far up.

xec

Reaction score
Not quite sure how I feel about this Vegas-on-the-Mystic look. The one good thing I can think of is that the Encore is just across the way and both sides of the river may merge into one large entertainment district once they're tied together by a bridge.

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
I think it's a spotlight. More than photoshop, but not something physically mounted up there. Look how the bottom of some letters hit the top edge of the building. It's presumably projected on the mechanical penthouse screen, which does indeed exist that far up.
1000% photoshopped. Just a text box with opacity in the lettering. Another boring and ineffectual online protest.