Auburn Developments

nomc

Reaction score
In 2021 the mayor of Auburn called for 2,000 new homes to be built over the next 5-7 years (MaineBiz article below reminded me of this) - I figured this is a good time to give Auburn a separate thread. "Last spring, the city listed seven city-owned properties for sale and almost all have letters of intent or plans or plans for development already, Jay Brenchick said." I couldn't find much in recent planning board documents except prelim plans for a 128 unit project near Wal-Mart.

The article referred to above deals with the new Synagogue Apartments, a 10 unit high-end rental building with rents starting at 2k. Nice photos of the interior in this Sun Journal article. I love that they used the full height of the windows (at least in that one unit) instead of splitting them up.

Downtown-Auburn-aerial-3-1024x640.jpg

I've always thought Auburn had more potential to develop a true urban core with high rises than Lewiston. Those giant parking lots are ripe for development.

An Auburn lot slated for mixed-use development with brewery anchor

"Great Falls Construction's plan for 186 Main St. includes a building with a craft brewery, distillery and restaurant tenant on the ground and first floors, and rental apartments making up the rest of the property. They would be a mix of studio, one- and two-bedroom units."

Love this location for a building like this - extends downtown down Main St.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 1.08.03 PM.png

Back