Audubon Park

bowesst

Reaction score
There are some condos going up over near the Audubon Circle area of Fenway. They're right up against the series of parking lots that run along the Mass Pike and Brookline ave.

"16-22 & 9-15 Miner Street

Project to consist of two buildings on opposite sides of Miner Street. 16 Miner St will have 53 condo units in a 8 story building with 34 parking spaces and 9 Miner Street will have 8 units in a 3 story building with 11 parking spaces."

http://www.cityofboston.gov/bra/DevelopmentProjects/PipeDocs/Miner Street/Maps/894 Miner Street.pdf

Just found the website.

http://www.audubon-park.com/

untitled561cq3.jpg

oops, didn't realize there was already a thread on this. can this just be tacked on to the end of the other one?

Your title made me think they were finally covering the turnpike. Alas...

justin

Isn't the area you are talking about called Audobon Circle? I think it's centered where Park Drive crosses Beacon St., and was once a traffic circle.

...and the intersection of Park Drive and Beacon Street is mostly a giant asphalt wasteland.

Indeed. The rotary should be restored, with some large monument or statue or fountain placed in the center. I don't know why it was removed.

^The monument would be great along with the rotary. Do we have any pics of what it used to look like?

DowntownDave said:
I think someone is having spell checker trouble... :)

Yeah sorry about that...It should be changed to the correct spelling now. The buildings website even has a different spelling for some reason.

Why do you guys think restoring the rotary would make the area more pedestrian friendly? I really like that area as it is.

Not sure it would be more pedestrian-friendly (though it could hardly be less than now), but it would look a lot better with some kind of focal point in the middle. There's way too much asphalt now.

So if it wouldn't improve the area's walkability or traffic flow what would be the point?

untitledko2.jpg

bowesst said:
So if it wouldn't improve the area's walkability or traffic flow what would be the point?

Visual interest?

Please don't mess with Audubon Circle!

Please, don't even suggest we redo Audubon Circle! It's so beautiful. The flower pots add so much. Plus, where would the huge "Mayor Thomas M Menino Welcomes You To Boston" sign go?

img0215wz7.jpg

And something going up on Park Drive int between the D line and Beacon St.

Back