Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

Not really sure what the 3 minute OL headways have to do with this project, but I must say the rendered ghost of the Copley Square Tower in the presentation hurts.

Not really sure what the 3 minute OL headways have to do with this project, but I must say the rendered ghost of the Copley Square Tower in the presentation hurts.

The presentation was only from May 2023. I wonder if there is still hope for some other developer to step in or purchase the approved development?

The bottom layer also looks like an air filter. I'm hoping this is one of those projects where the finished product looks better than the render:
I don’t think it’s the street level but the area just above that is suspect. In the more distant renderings, it looks pretty terrible (i.e. air filter-y), though pretty decent in the more close-up views, but also pretty ambiguous on exterior materials.

Here’s hoping the close-ups will be the more realistic depiction…

One of the new/improved station renders shows trains to Forest Hills in 3 and 6 minutes, and to Oak Grove in 4 and 7 minutes. Not sure what magic is involved, but clearly that's one of the public benefits!

1709127433283.png

One of the new/improved station renders shows trains to Forest Hills in 3 and 6 minutes, and to Oak Grove in 4 and 7 minutes. Not sure what magic is involved, but clearly that's one of the public benefits!

View attachment 48035
Just like all the So Cal weather shown in developers' renderings all the time here -- smoke and mirrors.

People I was trying to make a joke, though my landing apparently hit some trees, then fell off a cliff into the ocean where it kept floating to the top only to sink again and again.

Maybe that render was type of subliminal message where they were hoping all Massholes would approve of this project for believing the T could ever run 3min headways on the OL. Lol

Agreed. I would like this project so much more if it was half the height and didn’t have the hanging.
I agree with Andrew. The offset cube gimmick ought to be used rarely. BU has already set the standard and beat every other developer to the punch. There's no need, at the edge of the South End and Copley Square, for bombastic design. Hopefully someone in charge will see the light of day and give Boston what it deserves here.

View attachment 48035
I do like the catwalks above tho, it seems like it could activate the space overall and make it seem less dead than it does now, even if there aren’t people walking on it, just having the sight of walkways above one’s head introduces the idea of more human activity

Back