Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

Agreed. I would like this project so much more if it was half the height and didn’t have the hanging.
Yeah, for a squat duker esp next to the Hancock, it would be better to just be the blob it is, and not draw attention with silly nonsense to pretend at architecture. Im with you, @DZH22, hopefully this wont ruin the nice views you get of the JH when youre in Copley.

IMG_4464.jpeg
I think this view really shows the best side of the building.

That view above would have looked so nice with the Copley residential tower.

If you could only choose 1, would that exact view look better by adding the Copley Residential, or would it look better by removing this building?

I'm having trouble finding what the street level of this is planned to look like, and I care way more about that than whatever blocky thing they put on top. Retail? Food? Expanded train station?..... Giant office lobby that people don't use and is essentially just a blank wall for pedestrians?

I'm having trouble finding what the street level of this is planned to look like, and I care way more about that than whatever blocky thing they put on top. Retail? Food? Expanded train station?..... Giant office lobby that people don't use and is essentially just a blank wall for pedestrians?
It's a really tough location for peds because of the grades and the speed of auto traffic coming off of the pike. Redesigning/rebuilding the intersection of Dartmouth and Stuart would be a huge benefit.

Stayed at Raffles last weekend and after my second drink I got talking to staff about a shiny new neighbor. "Don't get used to looking at that garage," a bartender said. "It's gonna be a big stack of glass boxes soon!" The concierge later eagerly confirmed this, seemed very excited, which I found odd, as Raffles will temporarily put up with a ton of construction traffic/noise/inconvenience, and will permanently lose a good deal of its westerly/southwesterly views if said building goes up. Maybe they're looking forward to capturing more valet parking $$ when the garage closes.

IMO the highlight of this project will be the activation of Stuart St. and the increased connectivity to Back Bay Station.

View attachment 47924
Totally agree! I do hope the public space is as nice as that rendering. Retail makes for a dynamic and interesting interior. I've always felt like Back Bay Station is not very welcoming, and not a place you really want to spend any time waiting.

Ouch. The bottom layer of the stack looks like a gussied up Tremont on the Common.

I know it’s the chunkier cousin of BU’s Data Sciences Center, but they could at least try to hide its girdle.
The bottom layer also looks like an air filter. I'm hoping this is one of those projects where the finished product looks better than the render:

What ever happened to the other towers that were planned at Back Bay Station? Never heard much about them after the initial proposal.

Back