Banned Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I can get banned for refusing to post under Edward's Terms of Use... #shitpost

Reactions: FK4
I, for one, thank the mods for the recent decision.

Also, if the mods have a view of the IP addresses that flow in per user, they can can determine if users have multiple names.

^ Yes. One issue we've had is that any user banned before the upgrade is no longer in the system, so we can't compare for sock puppets. But this will be helpful going forward.

Why wouldn't you just place the member on Ignore?

I’m aware of the irony in me being the one to say this however in theory no one should profess such extreme opinions or exhibit such habitually poor conduct that it becomes necessary for others to use the ignore function.

The other consideration, especially as it seems as though this board is dying, is that prospective members and perhaps inactive members who might have something of value to contribute are not going to want to engage in such an environment.

The other consideration, especially as it seems as though this board is dying...

The "dying" board has seen over 100 projects updated in the last month alone, as well as 15 threads in the architecture/urbanism category, 20 in transit, 5 in design a better Boston, 16 in greater New England, 3 more in general architecture, a dozen in Portland/Maine, and half a dozen in the general section. We're talking about 170 different threads that have all been posted to in the last month. Even right now, at 1:15 am, there are over 100 people on here viewing the site! (6 of them members)

I wouldn't say this board is dying. It's thriving, just like our city.

Last edited:
The other consideration, especially as it seems as though this board is dying, is that prospective members and perhaps inactive members who might have something of value to contribute are not going to want to engage in such an environment.

The board isn't dying. It was dying at this time last year, but with new members allowed to join, it's actually grown quite a bit.

The "dying" board has seen over 100 projects updated in the last month alone, as well as 15 threads in the architecture/urbanism category, 20 in transit, 5 in design a better Boston, 16 in greater New England, 3 more in general architecture, a dozen in Portland/Maine, and half a dozen in the general section. We're talking about 170 different threads that have all been posted to in the last month. Even right now, at 1:15 am, there are over 100 people on here viewing the site! (6 of them members)

I wouldn't say this board is dying. It's thriving, just like our city.
Yeah. I've been lurking here since 2008 and the past 6 months or so is the most active it's seemed in a few yrs. Granted the city is booming like never before. I don't personally agree with banning him, but it's not my decision to make. He was a bit much at times for sure, but he was also passionate about the city and its development and generally harmless. There are users here that I don't care to read what they post for various reasons. I skip over their posts and go about the thread.

Tarkin Bickering Gif.gif

Going forward, this thread will be used only for announcing bans and limited followup questions for a certain period of time surrounding that particular ban. It will be locked-down in the meantime. May it be reopened only sparingly.

Whighlander has been banned for one week beginning today. He had previously received three formal warnings in the last couple weeks for trolling behavior. As I stated above, I'll open this thread for a few days if anyone has follow up questions. If you do have questions, please don't get on our case about how you would have gone about things differently. Whighlander's ban will expire on 1 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back