Best Boston Skyscrapers (besides Hancock)

Favorite Skyscrapers

• Total voters

tysmith95

Reaction score
I'm interested to see what people think would be their favorite Boston skyscraper besides the Hancock Tower (as I believe 75% of this sub would vote for the Hancock Tower). You can choose more then one. Please don't choose more then 5

I guess I miss the ArchBoston awards so i'm bringing it back on my own.

One Lincoln is the new State Street building (State Street Financial Center)

600px-One_Lincoln_Street.jpg

Old State Street Bank Building

225franklin.jpg

One Financial Center (shocked this has a vote)

1200px-One_Financial_Center_%28Boston%29_-_SA06940.JPG

One Boston Place (black building in middle)

1280px-One_Boston_Place_2017.jpg

Exchange Place
a26ccf93-c240-4e0d-ad7f-bdcae4e70d52

111 Huntington (glass building) and Prudential Center (tall building)

581px-111-Huntington-Ave.jpg

Last edited:
It would be nice if someone could post a picture of each since I'm sure we all don't knew each one by name.

The "State Street Bank Building" in this poll is the old piece of crapola. The new one is called "One Lincoln." I'm assuming 2 people meant to vote for the new one and erroneously voted for the old concrete one instead.

The "State Street Bank Building" in this poll is the old piece of crapola. The new one is called "One Lincoln." I'm assuming 2 people meant to vote for the new one and erroneously voted for the old concrete one instead.

225franklin.jpg

I mean as far as brutalism goes it's not bad. I know brutalism gets a lot of hate but this is a good example.

I'll post pictures with an edit on my first post when i have the time.

But yes I should have specified that the State Street Bank building is the old one and that the new one is One Lincoln.

I'm surprised that the Pru has gotten so many votes. I guess it's iconic and a symbol of Boston, but architecturally i'm not a huge fan.

Last edited:
Pru [modernism?] is iconic and a symbol of Boston....

i'm a huge fan.

old State Street Bank Building [stubby Pru/ modernism?]....

not a fan. not iconic.

I'm surprised that the Pru has gotten so many votes. I guess it's iconic and a symbol of Boston, but architecturally i'm not a huge fan.

I actually meant to give the Pru a vote and it's a mistake that I didn't.

I love 225 Franklin (the Old State Street building). It's not iconic, but it's a solid, nicely resolved example of its type. There are cities where every single building is an icon. Wouldn't want to live in them.

60 state st doesnt get enough love imo. This is one of if not my favorite building in the city. I absolutely love the shape, top, materials, color...

60state.png

60-State-St.-Boston.jpg

521108-Large-top-penthouse-floors-viewed-from-the-east.jpg

57354b9e-320e-4e74-9873-94915ab38ad3.jpg

521110-Large-fullheightview-elevated-view-from-the-east.jpg

I think most people know what International place is but for those who dont:

42364299-BOSTON-USA-JUNE-9-2013-One-International-Place-Building-in-Boston-Tenants-include-Northern-Trust-Cor-Stock-Photo.jpg

international_2.jpg

Boston-Skyline-Photo-Images-Juergen-Roth-1.jpg

one-international-place-boston-1-1024x683.jpg

PJ829.jpg

I missed seeing Custom House Tower on the ballot, but would have voted for it.

Yea that has to be a given. Im not sure what those clock towers are referred to but many older cities have them for some reason and I may be biased but I think ours looks the best. I like it better than the one in NYC and Philly and I think theres one in Hartford if Im not mistaken. Anyone know why these clock tower type buildings are in so many cities and why they all look pretty similar?-though ours is best haha.

60 state st doesnt get enough love imo. This is one of if not my favorite building in the city. I absolutely love the shape, top, materials, color...

I think the building across from it, exchange place, is a gem.

Back