Best New Development of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

briv

Reaction score
All members are encouraged to nominate a Boston area project* completed in 2009 that they believe is deserving of special recognition for its positive impact on the built environment.

Previous winners:

2009 (tie)
Puma City
45 Province Street

Battery Wharf

*includes all project types, i.e., building, park, infrastructure project, etc.

Atlantic Wharf (wouldn't be surprised if this is also nominated for worst).

That architect's residence in the South End was also a big hit, but probably too inconsequential to win this category.

MFA American wing.

I forget what our criteria are for this. Does it have to have been completed and/or opened in 2010? Maybe 691 Mass Ave or the new MFA addition.

MFA Art of the Americas Wing

Should we just commence with the voting now? Or just skip the middleman and crown it?

Can we nominate runners up? If so, MIT Media Lab

^ I think Emerson's Paramount Center might actually have the edge.

forgot that one! Definitely more immediately contextual....

can i nominate the new T-maps with the key bus routes on them? They might as well be a development because they make people aware that subway isn't the only option.

^ Also real time tracking info for bus, red, blue, and orange Lines.

Building:
Art of the Americas wing

Infrastructure:
New MBTA maps (green line breakdown map, bus routes on full map, etc)

It's hard to pit infrastructure against buildings. Maybe there should be a category based on infrastructure?

Second the additional infrastructure category.

MFA, Paramount Center, Modern Theatre (all mentioned already)

re Liberty Wharf: the project needs to have been finished in 2010, otherwise we could have nominated the Paramount last year.

MFA, Paramount Center, Modern Theatre (all mentioned already)

re Liberty Wharf: the project needs to have been finished in 2010, otherwise we could have nominated the Paramount last year.

Second all of these.

I'll second the Dana Farber building, though I'm not sure I'll vote for it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back