BLVD | 320 Revere Beach Boulevard | Revere

Wow, this really makes me want to live on Revere Beach :rolleyes:

It's pretty shocking how much better the stuff going up on the freaking East Boston waterfront is compared to the longest public beach on the East Coast.

Revere is like George Costanza with the sweatpants:

Exactly. These pieces of shite going up look like stacked shipping containers. Revere Beach has a direct heavy rail transit line to Boston, has a wide open ocean view, and has a nice beach. So why isn't a quality neighborhood with good amenities and good architecture being developed here?

Exactly. These pieces of shite going up look like stacked shipping containers. Revere Beach has a direct heavy rail transit line to Boston, has a wide open ocean view, and has a nice beach. So why isn't a quality neighborhood with good amenities and good architecture being developed here?
Would rather have the amusements back though. 😥

Would rather have the amusements back though. 😥
Me too. Seriously, it would be a fun mixed-use neighborhood, although I'm sure the paranoia about attracting the "bad" element would probably kill that idea. In an ideal world, a mix of high-rise condos/apartments, coffee-houses, restaurants and a big ferris wheel like London's plus some smaller amusement rides would be exciting.

Unfortunately what I think will likely happen is that we will continue to get all of this cheap infill and once the population grows and matures, there will be a demand to upscale and some of the older stock will be rebuilt and look a lot nicer. If only some foresight and actual planning was involved, you might be able to get some of that now instead of in 20 years. Time will tell.

The first step to creating a quality neighborhood with good amenities and good architecture is getting people there, which is what this will do. The only concern I'd have is if the people who live here are so car-centric they won't support local businesses/restaurants.

Black and orange seem like such odd choices for beachfront properties. They could've and should've done something brighter here instead.

This looks like higher quality:

(I used to work for this architectural firm, and they have designed the new Senior Center in Scituate, MA)

B9272ACC-9CD3-4A20-9D28-3603475AFE2F.jpeg
A1586BEA-38F0-4D38-97C3-7F230690D0D1.jpeg
356C0BDD-00FA-4796-A685-C831FC222E38.jpeg

Back