Boston and surrounding areas housing crisis

Couple of negative things I could say about Cambridge mass now. No more cool places for live music, losing its artist vibe that created Harvard square.
Corporate banks ruined Harvard square and have completely priced out locals who never owned anything.

i think we should be talking more about Vancouver.

Holy Shytte Sheau.

Couple of negative things I could say about Cambridge mass now. No more cool places for live music, losing its artist vibe that created Harvard square.
Corporate banks ruined Harvard square and have completely priced out locals who never owned anything.

What? Harvard Square has been dead for decades - well before Kenmore. There is also still a ton of live music in Cambridge.

I'm not sure about anybody else on this board but HOUSING got pretty expensive this year. Are our leaders really saying their is no inflation going on?

Thanks. Wow. That's a fairly high number.

i suspected we had reached some number close to > ~688,000.

The Councillors concerns about AirBNB appear well-founded.

It really looks the working class are finally gaining ground in this economy especially on the coasts.
3 family’s fixerupers houses in Everett Are selling for 900k.

No inflation right?

Not even sure how the working class even bother getting up to go to work at this point. Your purchasing power has become worthless

It really looks the working class are finally gaining ground in this economy especially on the coasts.
3 family’s fixerupers houses in Everett Are selling for 900k.

No inflation right?

Not even sure how the working class even bother getting up to go to work at this point. Your purchasing power has become worthless

Why should a "working class" individual or family be able to afford a multi-unit investment property?

Last edited:
Why should a "working class" individual or family be able to afford a multi-unit investment property?

The working class Afford a multi-family? They can’t even afford to have a family never mind a house at this point. But we have no inflation right

The working class Afford a multi-family? They can’t even afford to have a family never mind a house at this point. But we have no inflation right

Then maybe they should work harder or do as you said and keep their pants on. If you're any indication, I'm going to start calling the working class the complaining class.

Then maybe they should work harder or do as you said and keep their pants on. If you're any indication, I'm going to start calling the working class the complaining class.

They could work 80hours a week and still never get head.
That’s the difference when you destroy a countries currency with low interest rates, unsustainable govt spending, and a favorable corporate tax structure.

I'm not sure about anybody else on this board but HOUSING got pretty expensive this year. Are our leaders really saying their is no inflation going on?

IIRC Housing isn't part of the official inflation calculation. And things appear to be slowing now, although a large part of that is due to the rate increases. Of course that also means that housing starts should be slowing down too.

You have to ask this question at this point. Why should the taxpayers subsidize section 8 vouchers for 2,000-3,000 dollars a month in around Boston at this point?

Oh look, another report showing that building nothing but luxury condos does nothing to alleviate housing prices. The city should be putting more emphasis on building affordable housing, even more than what's being built (which btw is borderline affordable).

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...ll:trending&s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending

A stupid and slanted study written by a long discredited NIMBY loon. At best his conclusions are a stretch. Somehow he goes from "most condos are unoccupied" using a lagging indicator like residential tax abatement filings as his basis which would preclude rich people who live there but purchase via trust or corporation, as well as long term renters. Then he makes a huge leap into somehow this is all money laundering from shady foreign investors but has no clue where the investors are actually from. Would shady American investors be okay? Lastly, he fails to account for the fact that the tax revenue from those buildings, even if they're occupied by Martians, helps fund things like parks and affordable housing. If the Glob had any integrity they'd let a developer write a press release tomorrow and publish it in the name of fairness.

Oh look, another report showing that building nothing but luxury condos does nothing to alleviate housing prices. The city should be putting more emphasis on building affordable housing, even more than what's being built (which btw is borderline affordable).

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...ll:trending&s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending

No matter what you need more supply in the city of Boston. Supply is key to meet demand.

Want a Green Card? Invest in Real Estate $500K- Seriously that's helping the local residents to relocate and driving up real estate prices and taxes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/realestate/want-a-green-card-invest-in-real-estate.html

Maybe our corrupt elected officials should not be offering deals like this to Foreigners to invest in priceless real estate---to continue to force out local residents. Sort of like the tax incentive deals to the corporations in which the local taxpayer residents invested 100's of millions in infrastructure costs only to benefit a few.

Do I keep going with the destruction of America's currency by destroying purchasing power of the middle class by low interest rates and outsourcing 10Million jobs overseas.

You have to ask this question at this point. Why should the taxpayers subsidize section 8 vouchers for 2,000-3,000 dollars a month in around Boston at this point?

Then where would you suggest they live and how should it be paid for?

Would some amount of private dorm construction take pressure off of the rental market?

Back