Boston Arts Academy | 174 Ipswich Street | Fenway

3AFB024A-2D34-4473-B6AB-C8184EA9DC75.jpeg

Love this building but part of me wishes they moved the school to another site near by and this lot was used as a continuation of theatres and clubs from Landsdowne to create a little entertainment district in the Fenway. Possibly relocating Machine/Ramrod and the Baseball Tavern to the base of a new building with a hotel on top.

Again love this new building for the school. Just a food for thought.

Love this building but part of me wishes they moved the school to another site near by and this lot was used as a continuation of theatres and clubs from Landsdowne to create a little entertainment district in the Fenway. Possibly relocating Machine/Ramrod and the Baseball Tavern to the base of a new building with a hotel on top.

You could argue that this building is a continuation of the entertainment district. Great place for an arts academy, at least, and it contains performance spaces for other folks to use.

Part of what makes this neighborhood stand out is the fact that it’s not all about the Sox and entertainment. Not only does this blend in from a design standpoint, but in a world where every render and development is residential and retail (especially in and around a sporting venture), rebuilding the Arts Academy on Ipswich is a breath of fresh air.

Hopefully this project has enough schedule flexibility that the COVID shutdown won't result in it not being ready for the school year of its intended opening (September 2021, I believe).

Back